• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Audio Recording Cleanup

surfj9009

imported post

Any volunteers? I recorded Naomi Wolf this weekend and would like to clean up the recording. I remember reading on some thread where someone cleaned up a recording. Anybody here who can help me out?

dlnwoody

imported post

Not sure if this is the right post but here it goes. I keep reading that if you are going to OC keep a recorder on you. I know the reason why but how do you go about using it. If you get talked to by PD do you just start recording or what. If you do get stopped and you record the conversation will it hold in court. Being military I don't want to do something stupid and get put in jail.

surfj9009

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
Not sure if this is the right post but here it goes. I keep reading that if you are going to OC keep a recorder on you. I know the reason why but how do you go about using it. If you get talked to by PD do you just start recording or what. If you do get stopped and you record the conversation will it hold in court. Being military I don't want to do something stupid and get put in jail.
I put a string through mine and carry it around my neck under my t-shirt. If I am wearing a jacket or sweatshirt I use the lavalier mic up near my neck. Works good. Mine will record something like 10 or 12 hours, so here is what I do. When I suit up to leave the house, I grab my wallet, my car keys, my gun and my recorder. I turn the recorder on and hang it around my neck. Then I just wear it all day and at the end of the day when i take it off I delete what was recorded, or load it onto my computer with the software provided. I had it on for almost the entire day Saturday and only thought it about it a few times.

I am always thinking about saying this, and at times I say it out load, like when I am in the car or just now as I type this.
"While neither of us have an expectation of privacy, I'd be happy to discuss it with you". i am also always looking for ways to change that saying up, because if my recorder is running, it would not hurt one bit to put the other party on notice that there is no expectation of privacy. Of course you could always say, "That's fine, but this conversation is being recorded". I have heard stories of that ending up badly for some, so my preference is to try to slip in a, "well, we don't have any expectation of privacy, but I would be happy to talk with you about it"

Read this post for case law and further discussion:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/8863.html

And halfway down this page is a discussion about the recorder I got.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/8271-2.html