Thread: Tri-Met: A History of Harassment and Abuse

Post imported post

Randomly surfing Youtube and I found this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XaVH5vQLTnI

Go about 50 seconds in. The decrepit old guy appears to be the one that ordered the arrest of Phsstpok and myself. The fat trimet guard in the bright yellow vest also appears to be the one that was floating in and out of our conversation with the police.

Mike, confirm or deny? Same guys?

I don't recognize anyone else...

Post imported post

Hollywood transit station.... A man was beaten to death on that very same ped overpass about 8 years ago. The guy says he was mugged there last week. I wonder what the out come would have been had he open carried. I doubt he would have been mugged, and I'm pretty sure he would have been hauled off and booked just before thay gave him a ticket for being on the platform w/o a fare document.

Post imported post

The guy in the cap w/sgt stripes is definately the one who cuffed me. I'd recognise those hand gestures and upper lip anywhere.

I'm not so sure abour Mr. Chartreuse vest though. He only 'sniped' our encounter w/ comments in passing, but he seemed a bit more...um...Bubba "good-ol-boy" Jenkins to me, whereas the guy in the video appears to be a bit more reserved and seems to have a 'kinder' face. About the only thing I seem then sharing in common is age/build. I'll call it maybe 20-30% possibility it was the same guy.

Post imported post

Could the guy video taping this be charged with wiretapping or some other such crime? Are video and audio considered the same thing for 'wiretapping' purposes by the law?

Post imported post

nathan wrote:
    Could the guy video taping this be charged with wiretapping or some other such crime? Are video and audio considered the same thing for 'wiretapping' purposes by the law?
    That is a great question

Post imported post

In Oregon, audio is protected, and video is not, unless you are capturing somebody in a state of nudity.

Yeah, go figure...

Post imported post

grishnav wrote:
    In Oregon, audio is protected, and video is not, unless you are capturing somebody in a state of nudity.

Yeah, go figure...
    Not so fast there.... seems there was a training bulletin some 17 years ago (damn I'm getting old!) that dealt with this very situation.

See relevent atricle with photo of said document HERE.

Too bad it only covers third party witnesses.:?