• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You can't carry an f-ing pistol on your hip!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I had an interesting two days OCing. Went up to Lynnwood and had to stop in Tacoma. I finally OC'd on transit and had no problems, although I didn't OC on local transit. Rode the 594 from Tacoma to Seattle. In Seattle I got on the #1 and rode it to a friend's workplace. We went to Taco Del Mar and had lunch. I walked back downtown and stopped at Federal Army-Navy Surplus on 1st. Great store, got some odds and ends, and had a nice discussion about OC with one of the employees.

Went down into the Metro Tunnel and boarded the 301 to Aurora Village, got off and boarded the 101 at Aurora Village. Took 101 this morning, transfered to the 358. On the 358 one passenger sitting across from me asks "are you a cop?" I replied no, and he got up and sat somewhere else.

Got off on 3rd and Pike and ran into someone I knew. One of his friends grilled me with the usual "Are you a cop? Security Guard?" They were amazed that a "private citizen" could do such a thing as OC. I parted ways and went down to the Seattle's Best near the market. As I was walking back up to 2nd to catch a bus to Lakewood, one dude sees me and rather loudly says "What the f---!? You can't carry a f-ing pistol on your hip!" I just smiled and kept going.

While waiting for the 592 a guy walks by and asks the same cop, security guard, etc... questions. Turns out he had been in the army and served in Iraq. We talk a bit, he think's it's neat to OC, and then thanks ME for taking a stand to protect rights. I stammed at that one a bit, and got on my bus.

All in all an interesting two days OCing. Got a few funny stares from bus drivers, and there was one passenger that got on the bus with me when I left Lynnwood who stared at me waiting for the bus, and then kept staring at me on the bus.

I had my 6" security six in a black holster and was wearing a black shirt and tan slacks with an NRA hat on.

Felt good to finally get around to OCing on transit, which is the last thing I haven't done OCing, as I am careful about that since I don't have a car...

Gotta love non eventful outings!

retrodad

imported post

I would love to OC to work on Sound/Community Transit and then 'secure it' before entering my place of business. However, one or two of my coworkers occasionally rides the same bus lines I do. If one in particular saw me, he'd flip ....one of those, why-do-you-even-need-a-gun types.

Nitrox314

imported post

Jamfish wrote:
I would love to OC to work on Sound/Community Transit and then 'secure it' before entering my place of business. However, one or two of my coworkers occasionally rides the same bus lines I do. If one in particular saw me, he'd flip ....one of those, why-do-you-even-need-a-gun types.

I got a guy sitting near me right now that has a bad opinion as well. We always end up debating guns... He calls me a psycho for carrying a pistol everywhere I go. "Someone who has to have a gun with them all the time has serious mental issues". I told him that when he's getting robbed or stuck in a mall shooting situation, its guys like me who will already be prepared for the situation, not sobbing like a baby hiding from the REAL crazy guy.The debating was fun with him at first, but he doesn't actually listen to my views, even after I listen to his.

How would it be if I left my gun at home and something did happen? Maybe someone orevenone of my kids or wifegets killed, and I would always know that I might have been able to prevent or stop it?

Agent 47

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
Jamfish wrote:

I got a guy sitting near me right now that has a bad opinion as well. We always end up debating guns... He calls me a psycho for carrying a pistol everywhere I go. "Someone who has to have a gun with them all the time has serious mental issues". I told him that when he's getting robbed or stuck in a mall shooting situation, its guys like me who will already be prepared for the situation, not sobbing like a baby hiding from the REAL crazy guy.The debating was fun with him at first, but he doesn't actually listen to my views, even after I listen to his.

How would it be if I left my gun at home and something did happen? Maybe someone orevenone of my kids or wifegets killed, and I would always know that I might have been able to prevent or stop it?
Excelent point Nitrox, Incedently,,,, You a diver?

Tomahawk

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
"What the f---!? You can't carry a f-ing pistol on your hip!"

I had my 6" security six in a black holster
"It's okay though, because I'm carrying a revolver, not a pistol.":lol:
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but since the word "pistol" was in use long before auto-loaders had been invented, and refers to flintlocks and matchlocks, wouldn't a revolver also be a pistol?