• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amateur radio conspiracy theory?

thewise1

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
I've contemplated getting a callsign plate from time to time. This really chills that desire. I guess I'll just have to go with a bumper sticker.

Not to mention it's totally silly - they can get lists from the FCC if they want to know who's licensed in the area.

Too bad we can't get NNN AAA vanity plates - 762 FAL would be just too cool! :) I envy whoever got that one in the luck of the draw.
As a GTO driver, I've always wanted to get LS2 FTW :)

maclean

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
maclean wrote:
No conspiracy theory.

For those that "are chilled" by this thought, and avoiding getting a call sign....

When you get a call sign, your name and address become publicly available on the internet for everyone any how.

This is straight OEM stuff, and justifies the cheap plate.

(General Class Ham)

Says the man who left his callsign out of his post... :lol:

KB3JKP
After I just got done telling everyone how to find my name?

Yup! :D

just_a_car

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Ahhh cmon Maclean you are taking all the fun out of finding out which Dept. you and Morris work for.:(
ROFL!... mclean, just in case you're wondering, joerocket's joking (or, at least, I'm 95% sure he is).

We all respect you LEO's that want to keep your department affiliation quiet due to possible discrimination or discipline by superiors, as has happened to Morris. We want you to stick around and give your honest opinion on things; as such, it's pretty much necessary that you keep your dept. anon on the boards. If you decide to let us know in person at a lunch, that's probably not an issue, but just stay safe - both from your peers/superiors and the BG's.

joeroket

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Ahhh cmon Maclean you are taking all the fun out of finding out which Dept. you and Morris work for.:(
ROFL!... mclean, just in case you're wondering, joerocket's joking (or, at least, I'm 95% sure he is).

We all respect you LEO's that want to keep your department affiliation quiet due to possible discrimination or discipline by superiors, as has happened to Morris. We want you to stick around and give your honest opinion on things; as such, it's pretty much necessary that you keep your dept. anon on the boards. If you decide to let us know in person at a lunch, that's probably not an issue, but just stay safe - both from your peers/superiors and the BG's.
I second this. By all means I was joking. Thanks for the backup on that just_a_car. I didn't even think that it might come across like we were actively trying to find out who he really is.

maclean

imported post

joeroket wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
joeroket wrote:

I second this. By all means I was joking. Thanks for the backup on that just_a_car. I didn't even think that it might come across like we were actively trying to find out who he really is.

Not at all guys, I understood it was a joke :)

I'd be happy to introduce myself in person, and have done so before.

joeroket

imported post

maclean wrote:
joeroket wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
joeroket wrote:

Not at all guys, I understood it was a joke :)

I'd be happy to introduce myself in person, and have done so before.
We might have to take you up on that offer, and Morris too if he is inclined as well. You did say that you work together didn't you? After all you two are trying to get training out an in a correct manner to other offices, which we do appreciate.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I am fairly certain who you work for. My instincts tell me that you inadvertently gave it away in one of your posts.