• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Digital Voice Recorder -- Cheap!

ScottyT

imported post

I thought I should post this here as well.

I found a screaming deal on the Sony ICD-B500 at Best Buy! Retail price of $43.99 on clearance for $8.49! I bought three of them, all they had, and want to share the wealth with my fellow OCers!

I have 2 extras, still sealed in their boxes with batteries included, yours for $15. You have to promise me that you are going to use it for OC and not just going to post it on eBay! I could have done that for a tidy profit, but I wanted to let others in the community in on the deal.

Google the model # for more info and shoot me a PM if you are interested, or see the UCC post for my phone number. This is a great, SMALL recorder with good sound quality and 30 hours of record time in High Quality mode (150 hours in lower quality!). First 2 people to contact me get them. We can arrange a place to meet up in the next couple days.

I anyone outside of Utah wants it I would be happy to send it to you if you are willing to pay shipping. But the same "no-eBay" rule applies!

combatcarry

imported post

Best Buy is a funny store. I bought a video camera there once for $350. I went back the next day and it was marked $200. Overnight the price dropped $150! They matched the price and gave me $150 back.

Keep your eye on those crazy fellers... You can get some good deals if you pay attention.

ScottyT

imported post

combatcarry wrote:
Best Buy is a funny store. I bought a video camera there once for $350. I went back the next day and it was marked $200. Overnight the price dropped $150! They matched the price and gave me $150 back.

Keep your eye on those crazy fellers... You can get some good deals if you pay attention.

True story.

I still have one more left for a fellow Utahn. If a local doesn't call dibs before tomorrow evening it will be shipped to DreQo. Locals always have first dibs though :p

combatcarry

imported post

I'd consider it, but anything south of Nephi is technically outside Utah... :lol:

combatcarry

imported post

You could hook it to a kite and let go. I'dhave it in about 10 minutes... :)

Seriously. Thanks for the offer... I never get up there. I'll pass...