• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went revolver shopping, came home with a shotgun stock.

Cue-Ball

imported post

I've been looking around for a .357 revolver for a while now. I really want a Colt Python, but my budget is closer to a used Ruger or S&W. :) Anyway, I stopped by the local Discount Guns today (Kirkland location) to take a peek at what they had in stock. Everything was out of my price range, but I didn't leave empty handed. I've been wanting a telescopic stock for my Mossberg for a while now since the standard stock is too long for my wife to use.

Even though I was looking for a revolver, I was ||this close to walking out with a new Taurus 1911 instead. Discount had a black model with white pearl grips in stock. It took a lot of restraint to keep from dropping the bills and coming home with a new baby. Eventually I'll get a 1911, but we've already got two semi-autos in the house and I really want a wheelgun next (well, unless the Bushmaster ACR comes out before I find one I like). :)

Attachments

• Mossberg.jpg
    Mossberg.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 257

Sa45auto

imported post

thebastidge wrote:
I just picked up my mossberg 12g with the collapsible stock in January. Love it.

They do look cool, but I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy. My Mossberg is nothing fancy with the basic synthetic stock....works for me. ;)

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

My residence has females of smaller stature in it. I'm a big guy. The stock has 4 positions, and a pistol grip- makes it much more versatile and easier to use for a range of people. It's also easier to collapse it down for getting in and out of vehicles should that ever become necessary.

That's the main benefit of the collapsible M4 stock here in Iraq- getting in and out of vehicles- especially up-armoured vehicles- is a PITA. Particularly when you yourself are wearing another 50 pounds of body armour and potentially another 30-40 pounds gear and a rifle.

Should one ever encounter an emergency which requires evacuating the area in a vehicle, all kinds of things we take for granted or never think about become relevant. Our modern society fails to take into account the incredible difficulty in moving things without an automobile available, and even in taking everything necessary for life (much less comfort) along with you in a vehicle.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

That's exactly how my mossy is set-up at the moment :D. I acquired the collapsible stock for a couple of reasons. There's a few women and children that shoot with me on a regular basis, and I wanted to be able to shorten the length of the weapon for maneuverability. A short stock also feels more comfortable for shooting ground targets, while the longer stock is better for air targets. Money well spent IMHO :).

Cue-Ball

imported post

The standard stock was fine for me, but in order for the wife to use it a telescopic stock was a must. When she got home from work yesterday and gave it a test fit, she was super excited. :)

However, even if it wasn't necessary I must say that the pistol grip makes a world of difference in how the gun feels. It's much more natural to point. I will say though, this stock sits about an inch higher which makes it damn near impossible to look down the barrel. So, I guess the heat shield with integrated sights and a sling are next on the shopping list. :D

just_a_car

imported post

Funny thing about that title... those are the two types of firearms I don't have yet. I want to get a S&W 629 (4-6" with compensation) in .44mag for a wheelgun and, when I can afford it, a Benelli M3 super 90 for a shotgun (they run about $800, used; $1100 new).

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I've heard of them, and considered them, all though I've never shot with one. They're a little too expensive for my mossy I think.

LongRider

imported post

DreQo wrote:
I've heard of them, and considered them, all though I've never shot with one. They're a little too expensive for my mossy I think.
Around $150. is alot considering the price of a mossy but very very cheap for an ad on to make my home defense weapon 100% more effective. Mine is being set up more as an offensive tool (a good defense is a good offensive) with the C-more sight and ghost ring sights a laser and a flashlight on the surefire pistol grip. If the knox stocks do work I could empty the shotty with well placed shots out to 50 yards almost as quickly as I could pull the trigger.