• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poor Grammer and Trash Talk on the Forum

ShadowOfTheHat

imported post

Hey guys,

I lurk here more than I post, but I haven't started OC'ing yet, so maybe I'll be more active once I start. I'm still in the waiting period to get my Purchase Permit.

In any case, I frequent another gun forum and one of their rules is that poster's use proper grammer and punctuation, and refrain from using any form of swearing. When I first read this, I thought, "How snooty is this place." But then I read their reasoning and it a good deal of sense.

The Internet is wide open, and anyone can read our posts. What better place for anti's to gather info, or someone wanting to do research on gun owner's, than a gun forum. In our attempt to preserve our rights, we should work to dispel the beer-swillin' redneck gun-toting misperception a lot of anti's have about us. As all they get here are our typed words and use of the language, it would go a long way toward dissolving that perception if we did take the time to use good grammer, proofread our posts and think of better ways to express ourselves than by swearing.

Just something to think about.

Dave

Flintlock

imported post

ShadowOfTheHat wrote:
In any case, I frequent another gun forum and one of their rules is that poster's use proper grammer and punctuation, and refrain from using any form of swearing. When I first read this, I thought, "How snooty is this place." But then I read their reasoning and it a good deal of sense.
Well, since you mentioned it.... It's grammar... ;)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
ShadowOfTheHat wrote:

LMAO:lol:

TJ

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
ShadowOfTheHat wrote:

Attachments

• lmao.jpg
    lmao.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 250

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
ShadowOfTheHat wrote:

BOB, behave:celebrate.

You make me laugh:lol:.

I needed that.

Thanks.

TJ

cato

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
ShadowOfTheHat wrote:

Bob,

In light of the new protocol, you should revise that to be LM_O! K? :lol:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
ShadowOfTheHat wrote:
lol Owned. Anyway Shadow, you bring up a good point, however I don't see it as much of a problem on this forum. There are a (seemingly stubborn)few here that can't seem to grasp the concept, but the vast majority of us communicate rather well. That magic little spell check button up there does wonders!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Dave, I thought the misspelling was a joke! Good point, but sometimes you have to say...

rippedhand.gif

ShadowOfTheHat

imported post

you gys crakc me up yo! i never thought youd get my little prank on grammer, but i alslo never new their was a spelling check button either!

dis is ho Iz gon right from now on when im kicking on da forum yo!!!

ShadowOfTheHat

imported post

ShadowOfTheHat wrote:
you gys crakc me up yo! i never thought youd get my little prank on grammer, but i alslo never new their was a spelling check button either!

Wow, it's really hard to write that poorly - you have to work at it. In any case, you guys are right, it's not much of a problem on this forum. I just thought it was a great point - and there are a few who choose (I think) just to be lazy or think it's cool with the whole lack of punctuation, etc. Of course, I myself am known for leaving out words - my brain is definitely faster than my hands.

Dave

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ShadowOfTheHat wrote:
ShadowOfTheHat wrote:

Wow, it's really hard to write that poorly - you have to work at it. In any case, you guys are right, it's not much of a problem on this forum. I just thought it was a great point - and there are a few who choose (I think) just to be lazy or think it's cool with the whole lack of punctuation, etc. Of course, I myself am known for leaving out words - my brain is definitely faster than my hands.

Dave
The lack of punctuation and sentence structure is the worst! I couldn't even imagine trying to have a conversation with those people in real life lol.