• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May OC Meet

ScottyT

imported post

It looks like our next meet is going to be on Wednesday, May 14th at 7:00 pm! Be sure to mark it on your calendars!

Venue is still undecided and I would love some suggestions. I think sticking to a buffet is a good idea, it is so much harder to accomodate 30+ people at a regular restaurant. I am leaning towards Chinese Gourmet on 4500 south State Street, but I would of course call them first. Golden Corral also works for me, and there is a mexican buffet in Sandy but I have never been there.

Let's hear some suggestions!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
It looks like our next meet is going to be on Wednesday, May 14th at 7:00 pm! Be sure to mark it on your calendars!

Venue is still undecided and I would love some suggestions. I think sticking to a buffet is a good idea, it is so much harder to accomodate 30+ people at a regular restaurant. I am leaning towards Chinese Gourmet on 4500 south State Street, but I would of course call them first. Golden Corral also works for me, and there is a mexican buffet in Sandy but I have never been there.

Let's hear some suggestions!

Chinese sounds good. Never OCed at a Chinese before and it would be fun.

Golden Corral will always have us. We've had 2 OC dinners there before. The 1 in WVC and Layton.

1st choice would be Chinese.

TJ

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

MSG sounds good to me! :p Just make sure wherever it is you decide to choose, that you speak to the restaurant management and get the OK.

ScottyT

imported post

I will make the call this evening, though I have to admit that i am not sure exactly how to say it. I guess opening with "I have a group of about 40 people who want to come and eat at your restaurant" is a pretty good idea.

I wouldn't mind a sample script!

b1ack5mith

imported post

GUYS!!! ALICIA IS COMING IN MAY 14th!!!!!!!! shes coming in at around 3:00 PM, and shes a professional photographer, shes bringing her cam, so weel be ready!!! ill have to bring dad, and all our guns so she can OC her camera and my glock ;)

shes a really good photographer, and you guys will get to meet my fiancee finally! THIS KICKS A$$!

is it in SLC?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Cadet Higham wrote:
Count us in! I LOVE CHINESE! --Cadet Higham's Wife.

it'll be my first OC.

Cadet Higham's Wife, welcome.

You will be the 4th OC Lady at our dinners:celebrate.

Good to have you.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Cadet Higham wrote:
I don't OC though. I'm too wussy for a gun. Someone would kill me with it. -Cadet Higham's Wife.

Well, if you decide to come we will be more than happy to have you.

IF...you change your mind at the dinner to OC you can borrow my Kimber. I always have stached away as a bug. I have a Serpa Paddle holster for it and the Paddle for the mags to.

TJ

ScottyT

imported post

I talked to the manager at Chinese Gourmet this evening (I was actually driving right by and just went in) and she was a little hesitant, but didn't see a problem with it, but she is going to run it by the general manager tomorrow. If I don't hear otherwise, we are good to go. It is about $10/person, better than average buffet chinese food, they even have one of those Mongolian BBQs.

Cadet Higham

imported post

For clarification, I will be OC'ing for my first time at this meet. My wife (who will be attending) will not be OC'ing.
I think this is going to be a lot of fun!

ScottyT

imported post

No Chinese Gourmet, general manager decided he didn't want 40 customers on the slowest night of the week. I will post more later, but have to run right now.

Other suggestions?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yay!

I just registered, this sounds fun to go to an open carry meet.

I have my CCP but have not OC'd yet just because I'm not sure how other people will react, and i haven't seen anyone OC yet...

Will be looking forward to possibly going to dinner with some new people with some of the same interests

Joe