• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May OC Meet

ScottyT

imported post

So it is looking like Golden Corral? Which one? the one on 7200 south and about 600 east? I can call them and set it up, unless someone has a better idea...

ScottyT

imported post

We are good to go with the Golden Corral at 665 East 7200 South in Midvale.

They gave us the private dining room, which does not add anything to the cost.

Remember the dinner is on Wednesday, May 14th at 7:00 pm, the reservation is under utahconcealedcarry.com.

I am planning on me +3-4, Mitch Vilos told me he would try to make it. I hope to see at least as many people as the last dinner!

b1ack5mith

imported post

FUN! my photographer wifey and I and mom, dad AND trev will be there! very fun! ill carry the 357 revolver, ill get thegirl to carry my glock and dad will have his springfield (mom has nothin, but oh well lol)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I invited Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff when I saw him at the GOP Convention. He said to send him an Email to remind him, and that was just sent of:celebrate.

I also invited Governor Candidate Dell Schanze as well, he said to call him to remind him and will call him tomorrow.:celebrate

See ya,

TJ

ScottyT

imported post

Recently on OCDO there have been posts about OC groups doing community service. I think that is such a fantastic idea! We should discuss the possibility of doing Adopt-a-Highway or something like that, or we could just go to a park an pick up litter. It would be a much more effective way to spread the word and win converts than a trip to WalMart!

Bring your ideas to dinner!

thx997303

imported post

has anyone considered inviting a reporter to one of these? Maybe it will help spread our message. Just a thought.

PVT McDonald

swillden

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
has anyone considered inviting a reporter to one of these? Maybe it will help spread our message. Just a thought.
Well, there's this recent thread about a meet with an LA Times reporter (article not published yet, AFAIK), this article in the Standard, this article in the Trib and this article in the Deseret News.

Not that more wouldn't be better. Hit up some of the local radio shows, maybe?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

thx997303 wrote:

PVT McDonald

Good thought, thx997303, but we've had Deseret News, Salt Lake Tribune and L.A Times with us since we started these Meets last December.

They are content for now. I have talked to them and they say that they can't come every time, but when the time is right they will again.

TJ