• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. guns arming Mexican drug gangs

LEO 229

imported post

Here is a story aboutsmugglers getting caught sneaking gun to Mexico. Guns not used for hunting.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=9284

But most everyone that posted saw no problem with it and believe no crime would come of it. Just guns to be used against an oppressive government. Not fully understanding who is going to be killed with the guns.

Keeping in mind that you CAN have a gun in Mexico. The lawlimits a citizen to legally own a .22 to .380 caliber rifle or similar firearm. Larger caliber weapons are for police and military.

The names were left out of the posts below to protect the not so innocent :lol:

[line]

So the method of transportation is presumed illegal, analogous to the presumption of guilt?

Again, this is a status-crime that would have been obviated by an export license.

Battalion! Stand at ease!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

[line]

I can understand what Doug is trying to say. These men commited no crime, all and any charges that could be brought on them are ASSumed. Albeit all signs point to the obvious I don't think that people should go to jail on ASSumptions. This is why we have the state of affairs that we do. Weak blattered people feel that the goverment is in place to protect them so that they do not have to don the responsibility of protecting themselves.

If anything this is a stark reminder that the bad guys will have guns, so act accordingly and dress for success.

[line]

I think some of us may have a different perspective if the day ever comes when we find ourselves in a country where guns are all but banned. Those smugglers might not seem so evil after all...

[line]

And that's what Big Brother will tell us, too.

If we're speculating, though, I doubt that organized crime is going to rely on 20-gun shipments of glorified hunting rifles...

[line]

What I meant... was that I'd think it would be easier and more cost effective to smuggle FA guns from other countries where FA guns are very prevalent and unregistered, than to smuggle semi-auto rifles and such and convert them.

Regardless, I don't have much of a problem with gun smugglers, especially smuggling into a country where guns are heavily restricted. On my list of "bad people", I'd rate them a bit better than drug dealers but a bit worse than prostitutes, though they're all at the bottom of my list anyway. Just people selling goods and providing services that are in demand... merely violating some trade laws (more or less) in the process.

Sorry to have offended anyone...

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Good lickspittle job of editing quotes for your unbalanced pruposes. If you're going to quote then quote, a redacted quote is not.

Offense is a duty implicit in the First Amendment.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA LEO FOAD

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have no problem with it. The Mexican gov't has been complicit for 2 decades or more in colluding with criminals to smuggle illegal items and illegal immigrants across our borders. The Mexican gov't has repeatedly expressed it's opinion that the US has no and deserves no sovereignty. The Mexican gov't has repeatedly allowed it's own military to engage in cross border excursions to assist criminal acts by it's own citizens in the US. The Mexican gov't has repeatedly expressed a desire for open borders with the US. In short, my opinion on this issue is F**K 'EM!

I have no sympathy, empathy, concern for them nor any desire to spend a single penny to help them. Build the friggin' fence along the border. Put armed troops with shoot on sight REOs for any illegal border crossing or put motion detector actuated weapons on the border that kills anyone crossing illegally. I don't care. Once we build the fence, we can send everyone here illegally back to where they came from, the legal immigrants remaining we will gladly embrace and welcome to America and help them integrate into our culture and language, and anyone in the future trying to smuggle people or drugs in to the US will be killed. While there would be no punishment for crossing into Mexico (as the fence is to keep out people who wish to violate our laws by illegal border crossing not to keep in free people who wish to leave - the opposite of the Berlin Wall), the border patrol would have much more time to enforce US laws along our border against things such as smuggling.

It is win-win. Now if the Mexican gov't would just stop whining about the fence and demanding we fix all their problems...

LEO 229

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Maybe Mexico should build a wall then.
Everyone with the skills to build it are in the US and mostly in Northern Virginia. :D

imperialism2024

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I think some of us may have a different perspective if the day ever comes when we find ourselves in a country where guns are all but banned. Those smugglers might not seem so evil after all...

[line]

And that's what Big Brother will tell us, too.

If we're speculating, though, I doubt that organized crime is going to rely on 20-gun shipments of glorified hunting rifles...

[line]

What I meant... was that I'd think it would be easier and more cost effective to smuggle FA guns from other countries where FA guns are very prevalent and unregistered, than to smuggle semi-auto rifles and such and convert them.

Regardless, I don't have much of a problem with gun smugglers, especially smuggling into a country where guns are heavily restricted. On my list of "bad people", I'd rate them a bit better than drug dealers but a bit worse than prostitutes, though they're all at the bottom of my list anyway. Just people selling goods and providing services that are in demand... merely violating some trade laws (more or less) in the process.

Sorry to have offended anyone...
I'll take credit for the last three quoted posts.

If guns aren't evil... how can gun smugglers be evil? Yes, they're breaking laws. But they're not the ones pulling the triggers. Why demonize someone who, if he just catered to a different market and was approved by the BATFE, would be an FFL?

Like I said, I acknowledge that gun smugglers are breaking laws, just like if I'm walking past a house on a warm summer night and smell reefer wafting out the window. But I keep on walking.

I won't even bother going into the more pragmatic arguments...