• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the site..

Phssthpok

imported post

As an aside, in doing some research to determine if my CPL is in danger as a result of the class A Misdemenor charge(s) I'm facing in oregon ATM, It would appear that only convictions for VIOLENT misdemeanors, as well as felonies place your CPL in jeopardy in Washington.

Obviously IANAL, so it's best to research yourself, but that's the conclusion I came to.

Nitrox314

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
...The only fear I have of OC is that a nut my try to snatch my gun, and use it on me. So I am thinking about also having my S&W .357Mag in my opposite pocket. For a backup.

With that being said, does anyone know of any self defense training classes I can take that will cover the situation of a BG trying to take my weapon? I am a tough guy, but there is always someone tougher than I, and I do not want my own gun used against me. ...

Alwayspacking,

Have you ever heard of Krav Maga? Its Israeli Anti-Terrorism Martial Arts. They have very good training against someone with a gun, especially if your unarmed. I know theres an academy in Seattle, and they just opened one up in Oak Harbor.... Deffinitely worth your time if you can find an actual instructor and not a wannabe.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:) WOW!!! Thank all you guys for the info and the welcomes. This is my first day on this site and I am learning a lot, and I'm getting very good advice also. This site seems to have a very good atmosphere I guess that's because we all are law abiding citizens. It's already good to be here.

I finally found a good community that I want to be part of, and am proud to be apart of. I had my motorcycle family until I crashed my bike. :banghead:

just_a_car

imported post

Alwayspacking, good to have you on the site. It's very responsible of you as a father to carry; I believe it's every parent's duty to their child to be able to protect them to the fullest (not a parent, myself).

I second expvideo's recommendation of coming out to the monthly get-together's. They're not only a great way to get more comfortable with OC, but to also put names to faces and get good discussion of rights and laws in a face-to-face conversation, which can get things cleared up a lot faster sometimes than on the internet.