• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RALEIGH OC Get-Together - May 21, 2008

yonder

imported post

When: May 21, 2008 7:00PM
Where: Raleigh (exact location TBD)
What: Raleigh-area Open Carry advocates to gather for dinner for what I hope will be the first of many local area Open Carry events.

I don't know what restaurants are Open Carry. Can anyone suggest a place that is known to be OC-friendly and has an affordably and relatively mainstream menu?

If this goes well, I would like to see it become a regular monthly event.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I wont know if I can make it until we get closer to the date, but I might make the drive to meet some more of you guys. As far as restaurants go, the main thing that's going to dictate the choice is whether they serve alcohol or not. When we got together out here, Golden Corral ended up being the best choice. IHOP was another option. Those are reallythe only two places around here, other than fast food, that don't serve alcohol.

I wouldn't worry about a restaurant being open carry "friendly". The less of a deal we make about it, the better. I've considered calling a restaurant in the past to make sure they were ok with it, but I decided not to. Why give them a chance to say no? lol

yonder

imported post

Well it would be nice to know that we can meet without worrying about whether or not the management is either going to try to kick us out immediately or call the police. I'd rather just be able to have a good meal and talk with y'all about where we go next with this.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Dude, chill! I was all sorts of joking (hence the grinning smiley face? :D ). I've been complaining for a while that longwatch keeps locking threads, whining that they're too "off topic". My intention was not to be rude in any way what so ever.

Believe me, there are a few people running around these forums that I might not get along with, but you're not one of them. :) I'm looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the guys when the opportunity arises. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I am sorry, I am very on edge right now i think. Looking back it does appear that I've gone a bit crazy here.

yonder

imported post

:(

So I have good news and bad news.

The good news, for me, is that I've had a recent explosion in moonlighting work.

The bad news for everyone else is that this means I don't have time to organize or attend this meeting anymore. :(

jlplotki

imported post

I am currently talking to a few places. Amedeo'son Western Blvd, Champs, and a few other restraunts are on the list. If you have a food prefrence please let me know. I am going to try to keep it in a central location.

Weak 9mm

imported post

The only preference I have is that it isn't seafood. For some reason I don't like seafood. Any other kind of food I can handle. Honestly though, even if it were seafood I'd still go, I just wouldn't eat there.

yonder

imported post

jlplotki wrote:
I am currently talking to a few places. Amedeo'son Western Blvd, Champs, and a few other restraunts are on the list. If you have a food prefrence please let me know. I am going to try to keep it in a central location.
Can't be a place that serves alcohol.

cw9

imported post

Hello, I will be glad to join this as well. Honestly I would feel much safer knowing there were a bunch of normal people with guns around me than knowing only criminals are carrying them. If everyone started OCing, crime would drop because the criminals would either wise up or be shot dead. Either way is a blessing.