• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RALEIGH OC Get-Together - May 21, 2008

Vinny

imported post

Are you guys still doing this? If the hold up is finding an OC friendly restaurant, you are probably going to have a hard time finding one that doesn't serve alcohol, unless you go to a fast food joint.

I would suggest picking any restaurant and meeting, and not giving too much weight to to whether you can OC in it or not, just leave the firearm locked in your vehicle. The idea is to meet each other, right?

yonder

imported post

Vinny wrote:
I would suggest picking any restaurant and meeting, and not giving too much weight to to whether you can OC in it or not, just leave the firearm locked in your vehicle. The idea is to meet each other, right?
Actually, no, that's not the idea that I had when I started the thread. I fully expected this to be an OC event. But I can't organize it now so whoever steps up can change it to whatever they want.

acritical

imported post

Well, I know most, if not all BBQ places in the Triangle do not sell alcohol, and the ones that I have carried in have never said anything.

Also, the BoJangle's from in Durham on 54/55 has a no concealed weapons sign, so I carry open in there all the time. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah Bojangles loves to put up those no CC signs, but they don't say anything about OC now do they? :cool:

Man you go all out with their name, you must not want to disrespect Bo's. You capitalized the J and put the apostrophe in there too, lol.

Kivuli

imported post

I know of several restaurants in the Triad area as well that don't sell alcohol. BBQ, hotdogs/shakes, etc. But as this is about the traingle, I'll sit quiet until we figureout when and where. :)

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea, no alcohol and a buffet. Lots of selection and we'd be walking around in there OCing when we got each plate at the buffet, so our statement would be put out there and people would see we're just normal folks. I wonder what the policy is at Golden concerning firearms and firelegs?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea, no alcohol and a buffet. Lots of selection and we'd be walking around in there OCing when we got each plate at the buffet, so our statement would be put out there and people would see we're just normal folks. I wonder what the policy is at Golden concerning firearms and firelegs?
I've carried at the one out here multiple times, and we had a get-together of like 5 or so guys all carrying there, without incident.

acritical

imported post

I think I like the idea of Golden Corral. Now, who is available to do the research on when the best time to go would be? I would think we would not want it to be so busy that we have to wait an hour to be seated, but yet busy enough that there are plenty of regular patrons around to make our statement.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I guess it may depend on the location, but every Golden Corral I've ever been to has never been so busy that we had to wait more than a few minutes for a table. I think you're going a little overboard on the trying to attract attention, though. If I get together with you guys, it's because we share a common interest, NOT because I want to show everyone around me that we have guns. The only "statement" we should really be trying to make is that we're normal, every day people that don't go out of our way to call attention to ourselves. You're implying just the opposite :?.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

The Golden Corral accross from Carry Crossroads is not usually extremely busy if you don't go during peak dinner times. If you arrive a little early you can get plenty of seats and talk fora while before diving in.

Cary would be another fun place for a whole bunch of people to OC, since it legal, but highly frowned upon.

Weak 9mm

imported post

lol, yeah I can't afford to be part of another whatever dozen though, so I hope we're certain that it will be alright. As long as it will be I'll go though.

acritical

imported post

DreQo wrote:
I think you're going a little overboard on the trying to attract attention, though. If I get together with you guys, it's because we share a common interest, NOT because I want to show everyone around me that we have guns. The only "statement" we should really be trying to make is that we're normal, every day people that don't go out of our way to call attention to ourselves. You're implying just the opposite :?.

Actually you misunderstood what I was saying. It is my understanding that not only are we getting together for a meet and greet, but to also show that "people with guns" are not always bad guys. Hence, the reason we are trying to meet at a public place. I am just saying that if we are the only ones in the restaurant, that is not actually fully satisfying the goal.

If we were just doing a meet and greet, that would be scheduled at someone's house or whatever. If I am still coming off as someone that is trying to attract attention, that is not my purpose.