• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holsters for KelTec P3AT

ScottyT

imported post

I tried to highjack another thread, but that obviously didn't work so I will ask here.

I read through several P3AT threads on various forums and only saw a couple holsters mentioned, so I thought I might ask everyone that has had experience with this itty bitty gun.

This is my wife's gun, she will be OCing until she get her permit a few months down the road, so I need an OWB OC holster AND an IWB CC holster.

I have been looking at the Fobus E2 paddle holster as an OC option, but she doesn't like how it only has a passive retention (tension screw) as opposed to the active retention the she admires on my SERPA. She would still be fine with carrying in the Fobus, but would prefer an active retention. Is there a holster for the P3AT that has an active retention system? I know this might be too much to ask, but I thought I would ask anyway.

As far as CC goes, all I have really seen are pocket holsters and ankle holsters. She wants a super slim IWB holster, preferably one that drops the grip of the pistol down just below the top of her pants. I have a friend who does custom stuff in Cordura, maybe I should just commission him to make one.

Thanks in advance for the help!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I own a P3AT, and did some holster searching a while back. I don't think I ever ran across a holster with any sort of retention. I'm pretty sure Galco makes a belt holster for it, but a gun that small is really pushing the theory of open carry lol. I'll do some searching and let you know what I come up with.

FightingGlock19

imported post

I may have a IWB holster for a right-handed individual somewhere around the house. I'll pm you whenever I find it & if you want it, it's yours ...eerrr ...your wife's