Thread: Concealed Dangerous Weapons -- like plastic knives.

Post imported post

I just had a bit of a DUH moment when studying Utah weapons laws. I always thought that my "Concealed Firearms Permit" allowed me to just conceal firearms, which is obviously not the case. It allows me to conceal any "dangerous weapon" (that I can legally own, of course). 76-10-523 exempts permit holders from 76-10-504, 1(a) and 1(b). Meaning A permit holder can carry knives (or whatever) concealed! How did I not realize this before?

I was looking at the awesome, super-lightweight "Nightshade" knives from Cold Steel, just thinking that I wouldn't mind having one of those on my ankle or something. I am not sure why I would want it, I guess lethal force is lethal force whether you are stabbing the BG or shooting him... I guess they might come in handy if you cannot (and do not) carry at work/wherever?

What are your opinions of carrying knives? (besides pocket knives and multi-tools)

Post imported post

I always carry a knife both for defense & as an offten used tool.

Although, I seriously believe that you should take some knife fighting training if you plan to carry a knife as a defensive weapon.

If you pull a knife & your opponent chooses to engage (with or without a knife of his own) things will get up-close & very, very messy quickly. Plus if he knows what he's doing or just gets lucky you'll end-up on the receiving end.

Obviously, if you have had any training just ignore the above.

Post imported post

a swift kick to the testicular region will stop any situation in a heartbeart, guaranteed... unless its a huge biker chick, then you must go for the eyes.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Just a quick warning. If I recall correctly, and I don't have time to double check right now, so apoligies if I am wrong and please correct me if I am, that a CCW permit does NOT allow you to legally carry a short barrelled shotgun or full auto machine gun concealed even if you have all the paperwork needed to legally own such a firearm.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
    Just a quick warning. If I recall correctly, and I don't have time to double check right now, so apoligies if I am wrong and please correct me if I am, that a CCW permit does NOT allow you to legally carry a short barrelled shotgun or full auto machine gun concealed even if you have all the paperwork needed to legally own such a firearm.
    You're right on the shotgun, and an SBR rifle would be the same, but I don't think there is any restriction on the machine gun... at least I can't find it.