Thread: Pancakes & Ice Cream, 1st OC

Post imported post

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and describe my first OC experience. I stumbled across OCDO while researching laws for CC in Wash State. Before reading this forum I had no idea OC was legal besides in rural areas.

I emailed my father the Wash State OC brochure I DLed from this site. He's a Kittitas County Sherrif's Deputy and is sharing the brochure with fellow law enforcement over there. Trying to help educate LE with what little ties I have.

I finally decided to OC myself. My wife just got me a new Baby Eagle semi-compact 45 ACP for my birthday lastweek. I'd been CCing it IWB but didn't have a proper holster to OC on my belt. Yesterday, I went to GI Joe's and picked up an Uncle Mike's nylon holster that fit the pistol snuggly for $20. We live downtown Seattle and had dinner at IHOP on Madison St, then went out for ice cream at Baskin & Robbin's on Rainier Ave S. Besides a few wide eyed stares nobody said a word. I must admit it was fun. Hope to get my wife OCing soon.

Thanks for all the education and inspiration y'all have given me on this forum. Hope to attend a group OC event here in W Wash soon. It'd be nice to meet fellow OCers.

Take care.

-Badger
    1911 before dialing 911.

Post imported post

I'm jealous, I really like the Baby Eagle. I almost bought one from Mary's but then went with the Sig GSR 1911.

Welcome

Post imported post

badger wrote:
    I emailed my father the Wash State OC brochure I DLed from this site. He's a Kittitas County Sherrif's Deputy and is sharing the brochure with fellow law enforcement over there. Trying to help educate LE with what little ties I have.
    -Badger
    +1! Great way to introduce yourself! Welcome to the boards!

Post imported post

badger wrote:
    My wife just got me a new Baby Eagle semi-compact 45 ACP for my birthday lastweek.
    Happy b-day & good wife!

Post imported post

Welcome, thanks for sharing that with your father, any help we get in sharing "the truth" with law enforcement is much appreciated and much needed.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and I look forward to seeing you at a monthly get-together.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Badger, welcome to OCDO. Lots of good stuff here, and a lot of good, knowledgable people!

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO. Thank you for contacting your father about OC and contributing to the community.

If everybody works to do their part.................

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I look forward to getting more involved with educating the public about OC. Anyone involved with local gun rights awareness programs please feel free to contact me.
    1911 before dialing 911.