• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pancakes & Ice Cream, 1st OC

badger

imported post

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and describe my first OC experience. I stumbled across OCDO while researching laws for CC in Wash State. Before reading this forum I had no idea OC was legal besides in rural areas.

I emailed my father the Wash State OC brochure I DLed from this site. He's a Kittitas County Sherrif's Deputy and is sharing the brochure with fellow law enforcement over there. Trying to help educate LE with what little ties I have.

I finally decided to OC myself. My wife just got me a new Baby Eagle semi-compact 45 ACP for my birthday lastweek. I'd been CCing it IWB but didn't have a proper holster to OC on my belt. Yesterday, I went to GI Joe's and picked up an Uncle Mike's nylon holster that fit the pistol snuggly for $20. We live downtown Seattle and had dinner at IHOP on Madison St, then went out for ice cream at Baskin & Robbin's on Rainier Ave S. Besides a few wide eyed stares nobody said a word. I must admit it was fun. Hope to get my wife OCing soon.

Thanks for all the education and inspiration y'all have given me on this forum. Hope to attend a group OC event here in W Wash soon. It'd be nice to meet fellow OCers.

Take care.

-Badger

ScottyT

imported post

badger wrote:
I emailed my father the Wash State OC brochure I DLed from this site. He's a Kittitas County Sherrif's Deputy and is sharing the brochure with fellow law enforcement over there. Trying to help educate LE with what little ties I have.
-Badger
+1! Great way to introduce yourself! Welcome to the boards!

just_a_car

imported post

Welcome, thanks for sharing that with your father, any help we get in sharing "the truth" with law enforcement is much appreciated and much needed.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and I look forward to seeing you at a monthly get-together.

ATCer

imported post

Badger, welcome to OCDO. Lots of good stuff here, and a lot of good, knowledgable people!

surfj9009

imported post

Welcome to OCDO. Thank you for contacting your father about OC and contributing to the community.

If everybody works to do their part.................:D

badger

imported post

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I look forward to getting more involved with educating the public about OC. Anyone involved with local gun rights awareness programs please feel free to contact me.