• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discounted NRA licensed gun safe, the Biovault 2.0

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that my company, Proactive Shooters, has secured a discounted price on the Biovault 2.0

biovault_open_small.jpg

This is the only gun safe licensed by the NRA.

Please visit http://proactiveshooters.com/proactiveshooters/ for details on this terrific discount.

unrequited

imported post

froogle has 'em for $280, but still that's a good price. Thanks for the heads up.

Question though, I didn't find any mention of a backup key open... I just don't trust electrical safes.

ProShooter

imported post

unrequited wrote:
froogle has 'em for $280, but still that's a good price. Thanks for the heads up.

Question though, I didn't find any mention of a backup key open... I just don't trust electrical safes.

Is it $280 delivered?

As far as I know (and have seen) there is no key backup. They retain enough power that during a total power failure, it can still be opened.

ProShooter

imported post

Tess wrote:
"Licensed by the NRA" ??? What does that mean?
I'm not fully aware of what "licensing" actually entails but as I understand it, it means that the NRA has approved for it to be called the NRA gun safe, like the website says. THe NRA basically endorses the product and allows Biovault to use the NRA name.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Tess wrote:
"Licensed by the NRA" ??? What does that mean?
I'm not fully aware of what "licensing" actually entails but as I understand it, it means that the NRA has approved for it to be called the NRA gun safe, like the website says. THe NRA basically endorses the product and allows Biovault to use the NRA name.
It's most likely just a marketing ploy by the manufacturer of the safe. They get to use the endorsement of a highly-recognizable firearms safety organization and the NRA may get a portion of the profits from the sales in return. I doubt that this safe is any better than comparable safes in the same price range.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unrequited wrote:

Lisa heard from Chip Lohman (her instructor) that if you do not carefully wash your hands after shooting that the residue on your touch will permanently lock you out of a bio lock. I don't have the nads to spend that much to try it out to see if its true.

ProShooter

imported post

I don't want to mislead anyone and think that I'm saying that this is the end all be all of gun safes. I personally like this product and have heard some good things so we worked out this discount. If it can be found cheaper elsewhere or people have heard bad things, so be it. The information I presented was meant to be informational. I'm not selling the product itself.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Proshooter: Just a sidenote mention. On your website you state that "a Utah concealed handgun permit is the most widely accepted permit out of any state’s permit."

I assume you meant to post that of states that offer non-resident permits it is the most widely accepted non-resident permit.

ProShooter

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Proshooter: Just a sidenote mention. On your website you state that "a Utah concealed handgun permit is the most widely accepted permit out of any state’s permit."

I assume you meant to post that of states that offer non-resident permits it is the most widely accepted non-resident permit.

Yes, I see where's the wording is misleading. Thank you for the catch. I'll see that the correction is made.

Jim

ProShooter

imported post

Correction has been made, thank you. Its always nice to have someone proofread behind us. I appreciate it.

On that note, I'm very excited about the prospect of offering that class. We anticipate doing one at least once a month and we have received unbelievably great interest in it. Looks like a winner!

Jim

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You're welcome. As a fellow business owner I am well aware of how minor things can effect business which is why I said something. Probably should have just PM'd you though instead of making a public comment on it. Sorry about that part of it. Good news is potential customers reading this thread now know your attention to detail when something minor is brought to your attention.

Wish I lived closer to try out your facilities.

swillden

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is the most widely accepted resident permit?

ProShooter

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
You're welcome. As a fellow business owner I am well aware of how minor things can effect business which is why I said something. Probably should have just PM'd you though instead of making a public comment on it. Sorry about that part of it. Good news is potential customers reading this thread now know your attention to detail when something minor is brought to your attention.

Wish I lived closer to try out your facilities.

I appreciate it nonetheless. Sometimes in the interest in getting something out there, minor mistakes in the delivery of the message are made. I'm glad that you brought it to my attention and that I was able to correct it quickly so that no one was misled.

Jim

ProShooter

imported post

swillden wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is the most widely accepted resident permit?
I'm not sure that I know the answer to that but I'd guess it would be the Utah permit?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nope, not Utah which I knew from looking into getting a Utah permit previously.
According to handgunlaw.us (and assuming that I didn't miscount) the states with the most CC reciprocity for a resident permit holder (number of states includes the issuing state):

Valid in 34 states:
Michigan (missing NV)*
Tennessee (missing WA)

Valid in 33 states:
Alaska (missing WA, WV)
Missouri (missing WA, WY)

Valid in 32 states
Arizona (missing MN, NV, WA)
Arkansas (missing NM, WA, WY)
Kentucky (missing NV, SC, WA)
North Carolina (missing MN, NV, WY)
Oklahoma (missing NV, SC, WV)
Utah (missing KS, SC, WV)

Not what I expected actually.

Interestingly for AK or MO resident permit holders, only a Utah non resident permit will give them 35 reciprocity, MI resident permit holders could get a FL, TN (very restrictive non-resident) or UT permit and TN resident permit holders could get WA (in person only at this time) or UT permit for 35 state carry (I didn't cross reference the other five 32 state valid states as to Utah permits). So really, for 35 state carry, UT non-resident permit does appear to the be the best way to go at this point for those in those four states.

*There are 15 states and DC that do not recognize any other state permits. Therefore the most reciprocity any state can have is 35. Those 15 non-reciprocating states cannot reach 35 state reciprocity because some of those 35 states require that reciprocity is mutual. Of states that have reciprocity, WA shares reciprocity with the fewest states @ 7, followed by NV @ 9.