• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a good deal?

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just found out about this today and thought it may interest others. The few guns I priced on there looked to be very good deals, here's the PR:

GREEN BAY – A regrettable tie to two mass murders on college campuses is spurring a firearms dealer to forgo profit for the sake of preventing future loss of life.
Eric Thompson’s company, TGSCOM Inc., sold Virginia Tech shooter Cho Seung-Hui a Walther P22 through the Web site www.thegunsource.com. Steven Kazmierczak, who killed five people at Northern Illinois University (NIU) on February 14th, received two 9mm Glock magazines and a holster he ordered from the TGSCOM Inc. Web site www.topglock.com.
Ever since the NIU shootings, Thompson has been using his unfortunate coincidence to press for changes that will make it easier for law-abiding citizens to carry a gun to protect themselves, the people they love and their neighbors.
Today, Thompson is backing up his words with actions. For the next two weeks, Thompson will not take any profit on firearms sales from any of his over 100 Web sites. Instead, Thompson will offer guns to customers for the same cost he pays for them.
“I hope and pray I will never again be in a position where I am asked questions about selling items used in a crime,” said Thompson. “The next news story I want to be involved in is how I sold a firearm to someone who helped stop a mass murderer. By forgoing a profit, I hope to help give law-abiding citizens the tools to prevent tragedy.”
By logging onto www.gunsatcost.com, law-abiding citizens will have the chance to purchase a firearm to protect themselves and their loved ones. Customers will have over 5,400 different kinds of firearms from which to choose.
Since learning of the unfortunate and random twist of events that made Thompson’s company a part of both the NIU and Virginia Tech shootings, Thompson has said he has “a special responsibility to work to prevent future tragedies.”
Thompson has since launched a Web site, www.gundebate.com, to help spur a dialogue in search of solutions to stop future mass shootings and also to act as a clearing house for public safety ideas.
Thompson also announced that he plans to visit Blacksburg, Virginia on Thursday, April 24 to speak at a Virginia Tech Students for Concealed Carry on Campus event. Thompson will use the speech to highlight his support for giving law-abiding citizens the right to protect themselves from criminals.
Thompson recently partnered with Students for Concealed Carry on Campus to provide hundreds of holsters donated by his customers and gun manufacturers to nearly 30 colleges and universities for students to participate in the second-annual “empty-holster protest.” The purpose of the protest is to object to state laws and university policies that forbid law-abiding citizens from carrying concealed weapons on campuses.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe I just got ripped off then, but they looked good to me.

Ex: Taurus Millenium Pro Pt111: $300, I paid $400 for mine from my LGS.

mkl

imported post

hlh wrote:
asforme wrote:
Maybe I just got ripped off then, but they looked good to me.

Ex:  Taurus Millenium Pro Pt111: $300, I paid $400 for mine from my LGS.
No, $300 is an excellent price but I bet it's not their "cost".  I see these prices at gun shows.

I think he must mean his cost not dealer cost. Dealer cost would be the amount of money they sent to the supplier for a gun. His "cost" is what it costs him to sell the gun without making a profit. So if it costs him 1000$ a month to run the website, send out stock, answer phones, etc, he adds that to the dealer cost of the gun. If he didn't add on the overheard amount it takes to run his business, he would actually be losing money on every sale. This way he is just not making a profit.

FightingGlock19

imported post

the prices for his Glock 19's & 26's are compairable to what I paid for mine

he wants 499$ for a 19 - I paid 498$ (3 @ that price over the past two years)

he wants 450$ for a 26 - His price beat what I paid by 26$