• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Exposed Magazines?

rysa

imported post

Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and ya'll have motivated me to start exercising my rights. Thanks.

I've OC'd 2x now (just short trips and no encounters) but always with my G22 which i normally never carry concealed. I practice with the big .40 but its not my everyday CCW which is a micro 1911 (Kimber tactical ultra). I normally carry an extra mag and an E2D in another pouch on my weak side.

Im going to start carrying my kimber openly this weekend and I wanted to know if its also legal to carry my spare mag. I'd hate to be stopped for something stupid like "its legal to carry your firearm openly, but not your magazine"

Anyone with any insight on this?

just_a_car

imported post

Totally legal to carry a magazine in the state of washington openly. Many of us do it.

Heck, since it's not considered a "firearm" by law, I'd even go so far as to think it would be allowed in "No Minors" areas defined by the WA Liquor Control Board. But on this last bit, I'm going to have to say "I'm not a lawyer," as I'm unsure on how that would work.

rysa

imported post

Sorry, I havent filled in all the personal profile details yet.

Im in kent WA

And thanks for the info guys, I feel better knowing im not limited to 7 rnds