• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Californians needed to fight the recal of pro-gun State Senator Denham

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=98084

Calguns.net needs to support Jeff Denham

All,

Drjonesusa has been soliciting folks to help fight the Denham recall campaign in this thread.

This is important. This is an opportunity for this community to flex its muscle and preserve a central valley pro gun vote. Please set your party affiliation aside and understand this as a pro gun and pro good government thing to do. By helping stop this recall, we can as Calguns.net, be decisively involved in keeping the state from becoming a one party state where even the Governor's veto can be overridden and the budget can be passed by the leadership without any input from the minority. That's not good for the state and even worse for us. Letting Don "no friend of gunowners" Pareta win this one on the way to jail would be horrible. Plus, I can guarantee everyone that Denham would otherwise be replaced by a guy who - most recently as we can tell - is rated D by the NRA.

Now, if Calguns.net can help here, it will only strengthen the cachet of this community and will be remembered by Senator Denham and politicos from both sides of the aisle. If you've ever asked what you can do for gun rights in this state - this is one of the major answers.

I'm going to be talking to Drjonesusa about a possible Calguns event where we pitch in to walk the district and then do something fun (shoot? dinner?) in the Central Valley in May. Please contact him about what you can do to help and don't hesitate to donate to his fight the recall campaign but please make sure they know that the donation came form the folks at Calguns.net by emailing Dana@joinwithjeff.com with your name and donation amount to tell them it came from Calguns.net. If anyone else has any good ideas to get Calgunners to Denham's district and helping out, please post them in this thread.

Drjones: is there a better email address to notify for Calguns donation tracking?

-Gene

Note: The above is the personal opinion of Gene Hoffman and not of The Calguns Foundation.