• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raven Concealment Holsters

Mjolnir

imported post

Been playing around with a Raven Concealment Phantom LC for my Sig 229 and love it. It's a superb holster that fits up tight against your body and is even more comfortable than I could have immagined.

It's great for OC as tight as it tucks up against you & when ya wear a shirt over it, it all but disappears.

If you are in need/want of a new holster check out the different options Raven Concealment offers and give one a try, ya can't loose!!!!!!

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/
http://www.themalabarfront.com/
http://www.mercop.com/docs/bag15.htm
http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/463106881/m/3351070483?r=8621062483#8621062483
http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/463106881/m/4951054824?r=5031054924#5031054924

bag15_1.jpg

Picture2373.jpg

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mjolnir, after seeing those pics I finally understand why you talk about advantages of CC over OC and your contention that CC draw is as fast as OC draw.

See, most of us don't tie our pistols into our holsters with a shoestring when we OC. I think that is where the difference comes in. Probably makes our OC draws somewhat faster than yours. :p:lol:

Mjolnir

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Mjolnir, after seeing those pics I finally understand why you talk about advantages of CC over OC and your contention that CC draw is as fast as OC draw.

See, most of us don't tie our pistols into our holsters with a shoestring when we OC. I think that is where the difference comes in. Probably makes our OC draws somewhat faster than yours. :p:lol:
Ummmmmm, did ya follow the link to the review and read it, or did ya just look at the pictures and jump to conclusions??

There is a really good reason why the cord is there & its not quite a shoestring.

But then again I should have known better & no a SERPA holster would not do any better without a "shoestring" except get jamed so ya can't draw the pistol :lol::lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

Ummmmmm, did ya follow the link to the review and read it, or did ya just look at the pictures and jump to conclusions??

There is a really good reason why the cord is there & its not quite a shoestring.

But then again I should have known better & no a SERPA holster would not do any better without a "shoestring" except get jamed so ya can't draw the pistol :lol::lol:
Didn't jump to conclusions. Just took advantage of the moment to good naturedly give you a hard time and joke with you. Thought it was a funny comment following the lightfighter thread. :)

I'll put my SERPA up against your shoestring on my daily turf for quickness of draw - meaning my office, the grocery store, quick shop, etc. Lint from a golf sweater or a sports coat has never jammed it.:p Laff. Now, you want to go all Green Beret crawling in the mud or sand and I'll carry in whatever you recommend. :)

Mjolnir

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
Pardon my Bluntness but that looks like a POS....

I've seen better cheap Chinese ebay Airsoft Holsters...:uhoh:
Looks can be rather decieving now can they not??

Anybody that bases there gear on looks instead of performance will have nothing but problems.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:
Pardon my Bluntness but that looks like a POS....

I've seen better cheap Chinese ebay Airsoft Holsters...:uhoh:
Looks can be rather decieving now can they not??

Anybody that bases there gear on looks instead of performance will have nothing but problems.
Hey, if a product looks like crap, it probably is. Those things are nothing more than two pieces of partially molded kydex riveted together. $65??? You could EASILY buy the raw materials yourself and make one of those in your kitchen for half the price. Why in the world would someone spend $65 on that when they could get a holster of superior quality and function from Blackhawk or Safariland, for less???

Mjolnir

imported post

DreQo wrote
Hey, if a product looks like crap, it probably is. Those things are nothing more than two pieces of partially molded kydex riveted together. $65??? You could EASILY buy the raw materials yourself and make one of those in your kitchen for half the price. Why in the world would someone spend $65 on that when they could get a holster of superior quality and function from Blackhawk or Safariland, for less???

Now ya know I swear by the Safariland 6004 and have taken my 1st generation one around the world several times on deployments & really like all of there holsters.

Well, the Raven Concealment holster with my 229R and TLR1 light is without a doubt the cat's meow, it's simply the best belt holster I've ever used. RC will work with you to get exactly what ya want and what works best for you.

Fit is way better than either one & finish is rather good as well & functionalbility is heads and shoulders above either one.

Function over form any day.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=41_54_137&products_id=275

$10 for a knife sheath kit, that appears to come with enough kydex to fit over a gun as well. If not, kydex sheets are a couple of bucks each. These holsters just don't look like they have $65 worth of material OR labor in them.

I agree that function trumps form...I own a kel-tecP3AT, after all lol. But I wouldn't have paid $800 for the P3AT, no matter how reliable they made it. It's just not worth that much.

Mjolnir

imported post

To each there own, I mean heck look at all the people that fawn over the serpa :lol::lol:

I've seen home made kydex holsters and sheaths before & the quality compared to Raven Concealment is worlds apart. It's easy to kick back at home on the puter and talk crap when ya have never seen RC kit up close and personl, let alone used it.

Do some web searching for Raven Concealment, I'm not the only one extremly impressed with the quality. Don't know if you have ever used/seen Comp-Tac holsters, but when long term Comp-Tac users are going to RC it says bunches as up to now Comp-Tac was the best in kydex on the market.

Mjolnir

imported post

Here ya go, a few more pictures without the bungie cord, was not used and was not needed.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Here ya go, a few more pictures without the bungie cord, was not used and was not needed.
Man, now I feel bad. I was just funnin' ya about the cord.

I haven't had time (taken the time) to read the reviews yet, but I have bookmarked this thread to go back and read them in the near future.