Thread: New news on old encounter

Post imported post

So a couple months ago I was in my local Safeway, I had been shopping for some time and had about a hundred dollars worth of food in my cart. I was approached by the night manager and after the usual are you a cop questions she asked me not to carry in the store. When I asked if it was company policy her response was that she was from las vegas and was uncomfortable with my gun. (Completely avoiding the question ) I pushed the matter and asked her to conferm it was company policy so I could be sure to not shop there in future, at that point she simply walked away. I left my unpurchased food in my cart and walked out. I started shopping at Albertsons where I have never had a problem OC'ing untill last night when I decided to stop back in and pick up a couple things and who should I spot but the night manager working a checkout line. I got into her line and while she was ringing up my purchase I asked, " so did you ever check into your policy on customers who carry guns. She was averting her eyes and said "they told me that as long as you have a licence you are OK'' I decided not to push the "No licence to OC" issue because she was clearly uncomfortable and did not want to talk about it further. I simply said " Glad to hear it, have a good evening" From what she wasn't saying it sounds like Safeway has the same policy as wallmart which simply mirrors state law gun carry. Good outcome at least I made enough of an impact on her that she took the time to check out what the company policy actually is. So as it turns out she is just a anti gun indavidual who was trying to further her agenda inspite of her companys views on the subject.

Post imported post

Excellent news. Which Safeway did this come from?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

This was the safeway just off evergreen way in Everett.

Post imported post

Excellent. Now I know who to point the safeway I use to. Thanks for the info.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I've OC'd at the Safeway in Kingsgate more times than I can count and never had an issue. No employees have ever approached me or said anything negative and, in fact, I've had several positive responses from both employees and patrons of the store here. The guy at the meat counter knows my wife and I and goes along with our fussy packaging requests, and I've had a couple of short, positive conversations with other shoppers about what kind of pistol I'm carrying (XD 9mm) and whatnot.

Great to know their official policy though. Thanks for pressing the issue!