• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CNN's college carry map - codes Colorado as preempted college carry?

forum

imported post

Don't know what they are thinking, It's not pre-empted, but it is legal.

Anubis

imported post

Concealed carry is prohibited by CO statute on K-12 school grounds, butnot colleges or universities. Most CO universities, like CU/Boulder, have administrative rules prohibiting concealed carry by students. UNC's security chief actually supports concealed carry by students with permits.

If you roll your cursor over CO or UT on the CNN map, you will seenotes stating that the "legislation passed" agrees with what I wrote above. The CNN map is correct.