• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KNOEBELS GROVE

tracylaud83

imported post

OK

I know that most of you just want to OC (as is your right), and asking permission as I do is looked down on.

However, I have a little more at stake.

I wrote to Knoebels Grove, and asked about OC at their park. here is their reply:

Greetings from Knoebels,

We prefer that you do not carry your gun in the park as it frightens some people. Check at our security station when you arrive if you have further questions.

Since this is NOT the owner or property manager telling me "Not Allowed".
only stateing that they would "Prefer" me not to.
I guess that means I will OC when I go in June.

mystery_man

imported post

Hi Tracy... Believe me, I'm all for the right to open carry in Pennsylvania but don't you think that a place like Knoebels Grove requires you to use some discretion?If you absolutely have to carry, for protection, how about concealed? Look at it this way: If the crap hits the fan (and you are carrying concealed) then you are prepared for any situation, but if you open carry and Knoebels asks you to leave, then a fun day with the family just went down the crapper. Knoebels Grove is a very family oriented amusement park geared mainly towards children... not the place to make a political statement. Everyones thoughts on this matter, for or against, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
A.J.

imperialism2024

imported post

I'd also have to vote for CCing. Their response also seems to indicate that they respect your right (as opposed to the majority of businesses these days...), but would just rather you not openly display your gun. Which I'd say is a fair compromise.

But maybe that's just me. :uhoh:

Evil Ernie

imported post

Besides, would you want yer sidearm to fall out while riding the Phoenix?!?? A good secure conceal would be a much more prudent course of action....very secure....

I love KG, good old fashioned park, great history, possibly the greatest funnel cakes on the planet. Growing up we always went to KG and then hike west and go to Conneaut Lake Park...ah, the good ole days.

gnbrotz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Besides, would you want yer sidearm to fall out while riding the Phoenix?!?? A good secure conceal would be a much more prudent course of action....very secure....
I agree that CC may be the best choice for this situation, but call BS on concealed being more "secure". I'd wager my OC rig could withstand the tests of any roller coaster or thrill ride in the US without releasing my firearm.

tracylaud83

imported post

I got my Smartcarry a few days ago, Wife still hasn't noticed. I asked the Teenage boys if I was CC. One said NO, the other said yes, but only because I was asking, He didn't see anything. They were both shocked when I showed them.

If a rollercoaster can dislodge anything from my Smartcarry, I have a real problem...

Although the new Bobsled ride they are building looks like fun.

lildobe

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

gnbrotz wrote:
Evil Ernie wrote:
I agree that CC may be the best choice for this situation, but call BS on concealed being more "secure". I'd wager my OC rig could withstand the tests of any roller coaster or thrill ride in the US without releasing my firearm.

I have to agree with Greg here... My OC rig is a whole HECK of a lot more secure then my standard CC rig.

That being said - I'm most likely going to conceal in some manor next time I go to an amusement park.

tracylaud83

imported post

Mote point.

Work has sent out an E-Mail that if we carry off-duty, they prefere it be CC, even in OC states, Don't make yourself a target, low profile, be ready, Yadda Yadda Yadda.

So I guess it's CC.