• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GREAT deals!

eyesopened

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Gunsatcost.com

I just bought a NEW XD for $426.87
That is the cheapest I have ever found a new one for.

I am sorry if this has been posted already.
Nice what caliber/model did you go with? I bought my XD45 Compact last year for $500 OTD. It was the cheapest I could find at the time.

LEO 229

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Gunsatcost.com

I just bought a NEW XD for $426.87
That is the cheapest I have ever found a new one for.

I am sorry if this has been posted already.

:celebrateYaaa!!! Congratulations

You been to the range to shoot it yet?

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I just recently ordered a S&W model 40 . It's the j frame with the grip safety. The only revolver they make without the nasty hole drilled in the sideplate :cuss:. A while back, I wrote them saying that if they make a traditional revolver with a blued finish, and no idiot lock, I would buy it.

Got to be true to my word :D

Take a look at this, and tell me it ain't a beautiful gun: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/SW150205_large.jpg

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dixiehacker wrote:
I just recently ordered a S&W model 40 . It's the j frame with the grip safety. The only revolver they make without the nasty hole drilled in the sideplate :cuss:. A while back, I wrote them saying that if they make a traditional revolver with a blued finish, and no idiot lock, I would buy it.

Take a look at this, and tell me it ain't a beautiful gun: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/SW150205_large.jpg
Wow -- amazing how much that revolver looks to be just a short barrel version of my S&W .38 special 1909 2nd Change. It is pretty.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:

Wow -- amazing how much that revolver looks to be just a short barrel version of my S&W .38 special 1909 2nd Change. It is pretty.
Not a bad looking little revolver DH
It must be the day for deals. My wife decided I should quit cqrrying my little Dan wesson 44 (Bottom)
So she got me an early fathers day Magnum Research BFR:D
DSCN0269.jpg

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

peter nap wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:
I just recently ordered a S&W model 40 .  It's the j frame with the grip safety.  The only revolver they make without the nasty hole drilled in the sideplate :cuss:.  A while back, I wrote them saying that if they make a traditional revolver with a blued finish, and no idiot lock, I would buy it.

Wow -- amazing how much that revolver looks to be just a short barrel version of my S&W .38 special 1909 2nd Change.  It is pretty.
It must be the day for deals. My wife decided I should quit cqrrying my little Dan wesson 44 (Bottom)

Wow, if you carry a BFR, you are much more of a man than myself. I picked one of those up at a gun store, and it felt heavier than my Marlin 1895!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

dixiehacker wrote:
peter nap wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:

Wow, if you carry a BFR, you are much more of a man than myself. I picked one of those up at a gun store, and it felt heavier than my Marlin 1895!

I keep my guide gun in the truck for serious work!:lol:
I did break down and buy a shouldre holster for the BFR. I have enough trouble with plumbers butt with the DW.