• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TheGunSource.com / TopGlock.com

Pointman

imported post

Eric Thompson, owner of several web-based firearmssales sites, said he will sell guns at cost for two weeks to help give law-abiding citizens defend themselves. Several people have commented that his prices are above "cost," while Eric clearly stated he considers "cost" includes all overhead, which seems reasonable to me.

Several other people have said his products aren't what he claims for various reasons. He says that small-town FFLs sometimes switch out parts, which is why his company prefers to ship only the gun to FFLs and all accessories directly to the buyer.

Have YOU had any personal dealings with his business? If so, what was YOUR experience?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Sounds all sorts of fishy to me, honestly. His "at cost with overhead"prices arestill higher than a lot of "at profit" prices from other stores, both on and offline. That, and I really don't like his blaming of "local FFLs". I know a lot of local FFL dealers that would take offense to that. :?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Far and away the worst firearms shipper in the US that I am aware of or have dealt with.

Their employees have bold faced lied to me several times, and getting anything from them as promised has proven, in my personal experience, to be very unlikely.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

That's more typing than I feel I have time for.

I was told that an item was "on its way to me."

When it did not arrive after a couple weeks, I was told that "The man I spoke to was wrong, and has been fired, but that it is 'on its way now.'"

Called again, spoke to the man who had supposedly been fired, was told that "It has not gotten to us yet, and we do not know when it will be here."

Alot of that kind of thing. I could go on. I messed up recently and ordered from ar15pro, not knowing it was a tgscom site, and ran into moreof the same. Was told it was in stock, then was told it was on back order. Then was told I would have to pay a re-stocking fee if I did not want to wait on the open-ended back-order, even though I was told it was in stock and ready to ship previously.

It is apparent to me that they do not care at all about being honest. They will tell you whatever they think will appease you while they have you on the phone. I have no respect for liars.

Now that I think of it, when I did actually receive ONE order from them, it was a gun with TRUGLOs installed, and not only did it have mix-matched front and rear sights, the front sight flew off and got lost as soon as I started shooting.

Totally inexcusable.

This has been hashed out all over many of the boards I post on. The owner tried to come over to GlockTalk and defend his site awhile back, but the sheer volume of complaints (valid complaints) was overwhelming, I guess, because he apparently gave up. I warn anyone who asks to avoid their sites like the plague.

Yes, some people actually get stuff from them with no problems, but there is no excuse for the large percentage of times that has not happened.

Just trying to give folks a friendly warning before they order a gun and wait two months for something that they are told is "in stock and on its way" every time they call.

Pointman

imported post

Thanks for sharing your frustration. Do you have a link to the thread on GlockTalk?

Pointman

imported post

That's unfortunate. Before posting here I searched GT & didn't find anything--now we know why.

Out of pure curiosity, what did they make you wait on, and how long until it arrived?

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I know someone who ordered a gun from him this past Friday, the gun shipped the same day, and arrived at the FFL in VA yesterday (Monday). 

I recently ordered a S&W Model 40, I will let you know how long that takes.

edit: I got en email today, about 30 hours after I placed the order, that it had shipeed.