• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm lied... My first OC won't be on the OC meet...

Cadet Higham

imported post

I'm sorry, everybody. My first OC won't be on the May meet.

It was tonight.

I went shooting and shot my 9-mm as well as my wife's granfather's Hi-point .45, and my uncle's .45 S&W out at the Lee Kay Center today. I passed about 100 rounds through my 9 with no problem, and 50 through each of the .45's. It was a blast.
It may sound stupid, but I'm proud of hitting the paper at 40 yards.

Afterwards, I just decided it wouldn't be worth it to have brought the holster and not used it, so I OC'd as we went to Little Caesar's to pick up dinner for my sbilings-in-law and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with my wife and her parents. The only comments I heard were from two teenagers working at Little Caesar's who pointed at it and whispered to eachother "Is that legal?" and "It must be."

Overall, it was an uneventful night, but I had fun. I was worried about having an encounter, but eventually that fear wore off.

Here's a picture, it may be lame, but it's all I could do on my own with my phone.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• OC.jpg
    OC.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 180

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Congrats on losing your OC "cherry"! Was that holster designed for the Hi-Point? It looks like a good one. Better than the Wal-Mart holster I bought for Travis.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Congrats, Cadet Higham:celebrate.

That's Awesome. Now you're not a "Virgin" anymore:lol:.

Looking forward to see you at the Meet togther with your wife.

TJ

P.S You you need to "convince" your wife too OC too;) D.S

Cadet Higham

imported post

It's a Bianchi holster that I bought at Sportsman's Warehouse. Model 7001 thumbsnap holster (size 16). It says that it fits the .40/.45 Automatic, but it fits mine well. My wife picked it out. Glad you like it!