• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encounters on the eastside

PolskiG

imported post

Hello there, I would like to first introduce myself. I've been lurking around here for about 3 days now---about as long as I have knownlegalOC in Washington existed. I've been reading forhours now,many of theposts dating back to 06 and variousRCWsto update myself, seems like thingshave beengetting better for the OC movement in my opinion. I appreciate the fact that everyone here seems very helpful and genuine.

I live in Bellevue, when I first learned about OC (3 days ago)I thought it would never fly around the eastside. Just seems to me that people might freak-out more here including LE. I've read the training bulletin for Bellevue PDand all that but I wanted to know if anyone has ever had any real problems carrying aroundtheEastsideand how it compares to other parts of Washington? I plan to give OCing a try very soon and any advice or experiences would be greatly apprieciated.

Gene Beasley

imported post

My only OCexperience was the lunchin October. I had to leave early for work so missed the festivities of getting booted. Don't get to the east side much. You've come the right place. I'm amazed at the difference in the amount and quality of peoples understanding of OC, RCW's, and case law in the older posts compared to now. This is a great place to be. Welcome; break some new ground over there!

just_a_car

imported post

I recently (about three weeks ago on that really nice day we had on a Friday) went to 3 Pigs BBQ right next to PCC Market, across the street from Overlake Hospital with a friend of mine. I OC'd there and we sat down to eat. When we finished, we decided to go for a walk. We walked over to the overpass on 8th and then walked all the way down 8th through downtown Bellevue to the QFC (across the street from Bellvue Square Mall) where we hit the restroom and bought a couple drinks. Then we walked all the way back to I-405 on 8th, crossed back over and got back to my car in the parking lot for 3 Pigs BBQ (which is some of the best BBQ you will ever have, I promise; try the pulled pork).

In all, we were out for about two hours total. No cops, not much in the way of stares, nothing but enjoying a good meal, a gorgeous day, a nice walk and company of a good friend. :cool: