• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry of a long arm

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
XD Owner wrote:
He's probably ok as long as the mag is designed to holdless than 15 rounds, and it is slung on his back, muzzle down.

Skydiver - giveit a try as described above and let us know how it goes.:lol:

buying_ice_cream.jpg

Here's a picture in case you don't know what a muzzle is.

WOW! Where is this??
The one on the right must do alot of sitting with the way those jeans are worn there :lol:

Neplusultra

imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
XD Owner wrote:
He's probably ok as long as the mag is designed to holdless than 15 rounds, and it is slung on his back, muzzle down.

Skydiver - giveit a try as described above and let us know how it goes.:lol:

buying_ice_cream.jpg

Here's a picture in case you don't know what a muzzle is.

WOW! Where is this??
The one on the right must do alot of sitting with the way those jeans are worn there :lol:
I noticed that too! Strange isn't it how we both noticed that. I'm starting to feel a strong urge to emmigrate. Hava nageela, hava nageela.
'
Now these girls with guns I like. Not like those bimbos on youtube that obviously don't know what they're doing. Somehow shooting a gun in a bikini just seems stupid, especially with all that hot brass flying around. These girls look like real women :)

mercutio545

imported post

skydiver1921 wrote:
Mercutio, what felony could they charge you with? It seems what you were doing is perfectly legal, perhaps even if it was loaded, as long as it doesn't have a magazine with more than 7 rounds in it.
Exactly what I'd like to know. This was when I first started OC'ing a few years ago, and wasn't that accustomed to encounters with the police. Being a good citizen and all, I never ran into them that much, so I was pretty much speechless when they stopped me. As I said, if I had known then what I know now, those officers would have gotten a very polite earful, as well as a nice complaint to Internal Affairs. ;)

Analogman

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
If I remember correctly, that pic is of some soldiers in the IDF having some ice cream :cool:

Yes, those would be IDF. More precisely, IDF reservists on call, as opposed to actively training. My guess is those women are far less likely to be assaulted or otherwise attacked than the average woman on the street.

vbnative73

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
As far as my experience goes, it's not a good idea. A while back, I had just come from the range with my shotgun, when I had to "open carry" it to my friends apartment to clean it. I had to park a few blocks down, and since I didn't have a case for it (I had just gotten it and I trashed the cardboard it came in), I decided to walk with it. The action was open, the safety was on, and my hand was over the reciever (but still showing the open action) with the muzzle angled at the ground. Luckily for me, a Richmond LEO had to walk right past me and notice it. It took forever to get everything sorted out. Even after he saw that it was empty, they still threatened me with a "felony charge". If I had known then what I know now, it would have played out much differently.

In my opinion (IANAL), you should *THEORETICALLY* be ok having it slung on your back with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. However, it can be almost guaranteed that you'll be eating cement with a pair of cuffs on you and a cops boot up your ass in no time at all.

Going on a hike or walkabout into the middle of nowhere (implying that it's legal to carry the rifle in question)? Sure, why not take the bushy.

Going to a populated place? Leave it at home or in the trunk.
You mean Danbus hasn't tried this yet? I was thinking there'd be a post from him telling us all exactly what happens when you try this.

By the way, there's a Chief at NCTAMS LANT that looks just like the girl on the right.