• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Central CA meetup

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'm looking to get a local meetup together. Maybe have lunch, go to the range, or just grab a cup of coffee. Just like the Nor Cal dinner, the purpose here is just to meet people and share ideas.

Please post here or send me a PM if you're interested. If I can get at least 3 people together we can talk about the details, but I'm thinking tentatively about the weekend of May 18.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I guess I should add: open carry isn't a requirement! If you wanna open carry to this meetup: great! If not: that's OK.. I know how unnerving it is when you're getting started.

That's part of the reason why I want to do this. If you want to OC and are just trying to work up the nerve to do it, come see some other people do it. That edgyness melts away quickly when you realize how it's just not an issue.

mdjsd6850

imported post

Might want to post this over on calguns as well to get more exposure. I know a few people over there have expressed an interest in doing an OC meet in this area.

doc66

imported post

Ok, totally new to this site. Really great info about open carry. I live in Lathrop and would like to meet up.

Opus109

imported post

I live in Folsom, about 1.5 hours away. If the timing of this is perfect for my schedule (read: wife, 2 kids), I would like to make it, too. I'll keep checking back.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Heatseeker wrote:
This sounds like a good idea. I'm in Lathrop as well. Depending on when it's held, I would like to attend.

When? Where?

Sunday afternoons are best for me, but I'll go for whatever works for the most people. I'll make a poll like I did for the Nor Cal OC Dinner.

I'm thinking I would like to go to lunch and then to the range. I know of ranges in Modesto, Ripon, and Manteca. I'm leaning toward Manteca since it will be closer and maybe increase the chances Opus109 can make it.

doc66

imported post

good deal! Will wait for the post. In the meantime, I will practice OC at home. :?

doc66

imported post

I was looking for the post in CalGuns site? Got a link? I was trying to point some folks to it.

packnrat

imported post

hello nube here:
as i live not to far from the meet and eat area. but i will be out of town that weekend.

i am intersted in learning more about open carry, as a permit holder (not ca) i have carried conceld a number of times.
but getting used to this open carry, not so sure about in a city as of yet.
no problem with the carry....just the encounter with a leo.

if other dates are expected i would like to be included, but then my working hours and days change way to offen, the co i work for is open 24 - 7 - 365 days.
the office staff gets christmas day off.

:D