• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May get together

CC27

imported post

This might be jumping the gun a bit, but between my daughters fast pitch and being a stay at home dad with a new baby I just want to have time to plan. Somewhere near Puyallup would be nice. It would be nice togoto my first oc get together and meet some of you.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Puyallup area is within my range. Since you're the first to bring it up why don't you go ahead and make a recommendation that fits your schedule and see if we can get some takers.

Have we grown to the point where it makes sense to split the planning? Something like 1st weekend of the month south of Tacoma and 3rd in Seattle or more to the north? (Not to mention the Ellensburg area and the fine group of folks in Spokane of course.)

Phssthpok

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
The Puyallup area is within my range. Since you're the first to bring it up why don't you go ahead and make a recommendation that fits your schedule and see if we can get some takers.

Have we grown to the point where it makes sense to split the planning? Something like 1st weekend of the month south of Tacoma and 3rd in Seattle or more to the north? (Not to mention the Ellensburg area and the fine group of folks in Spokane of course.)
No love for the folks in Vancouver I see....:cry:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
No love for the folks in Vancouver I see....:cry:
I was going to post a complete list of cities in Washington where I love those who OC but decided that would be annoying. Don't worry, Vancouver is in there, near the top even (or at least the top of the "V"'s).

This whole split idea is really just a ploy so I can go to more dinners anyway. The weather's going to get better soon (dang nabbed it) so I'll motorcycle all over the state for an OC dinner, shoot, hob-nob or other such get together. :D

CC27

imported post

The 10th or the 17th look good for me. I don't go out to eat much so I'm not up on oc friendly restaurants in the area.

just_a_car

imported post

Normally we do the third Sunday of the month (we changed from third Saturday so that Lonnie could make it). That would be the 16th of May. Not saying it's set in stone, just letting all know what we've been doing for the last few months that people could have planned for months-ahead.

Shy_Panda

imported post

Jim675 wrote:

Thanks for not forgetting about us Jim, it is nice to see that the coast remembers us for something other than collecting taxes.

Is that a Ninja 650R by any chance?

CC27

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Normally we do the third Sunday of the month (we changed from third Saturday so that Lonnie could make it). That would be the 16th of May. Not saying it's set in stone, just letting all know what we've been doing for the last few months that people could have planned for months-ahead.
The 3rd sunday is the 18th and that looks good for me.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Is that a Ninja 650R by any chance?
Its a Triumph Daytona 675 and obscenely fun. :D

The 3rd Sunday is great for me. It had just seemed last month that we were getting a fair amount of push back on travel distance. As an option we could maintain the 3rd Sunday standard for Seattle + North and set other options for other areas so those of us who are able can make all of them! If we can get the whole state in one place that's great too.

compmanio365

imported post

Puyallup is good, of course, since the one way up north last weekend didn't work too well for some of us in the south end......

Vancouver is doable too. If Tacoma would be considered (again, I know), there is supposedly a really great pizza place on 6th Ave that I think would make a good place to have our next lunch. Supposedly they have the best "east coast" style pizza around this area. :D And I specifically thought that 6th Ave would be a good place to get some exposure among those people that might never see such a thing, except for "gangbanger" types and such, so it would be a good showing that not only "bad" people carry guns........just a thought.

just_a_car

imported post

CC27 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
The 3rd sunday is the 18th and that looks good for me.
Sorry about that, my bad. I wrote that as I was running out the door this morning to classes.

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Here is the website of the place I am thinking about:

http://www.delbroccos.com/

Check it out and see what you guys think.
Oooo!! :what:

I like it! I could really go for a good Philly Cheesesteak.

Even though it's Tac-Town, I'll put my vote in for it, as long as you've done a physical recon of the place to make sure it will be able to handle our group.

compmanio365

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Here is the website of the place I am thinking about:

http://www.delbroccos.com/

Check it out and see what you guys think.

Even though it's Tac-Town, I'll put my vote in for it, as long as you've done a physical recon of the place to make sure it will be able to handle our group.
My friend seemed to think it would, but I will stop by sometime this week to check it out for sure.

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

My friend seemed to think it would, but I will stop by sometime this week to check it out for sure.
Sweeeeet.:)