• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May get together

uncoolperson

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
uncoolperson wrote:
too south for me again....
Have you thought about driving to somewhere closer and carpooling? Edmonds would cut the distance by quite a bit and I have an empty seat....
I trust my truck (which has not failed me) about half that distance.

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
How many people are we thinking? 15 or so?
The most I've seen was 23 at the Olympia Pizzaria meet after the big issue with OPD.

Last time was only 4 people, but planning for 7-15 is probably safe.

Machoduck

imported post

Del Brocco's sounds wonderful but has no Sunday hours listed on their website. If I read things correctly, we're planning a Sunday get together. Compmanio, do have additional G2?

MD

compmanio365

imported post

That's what we normally plan. If they aren't open on Sunday, I guess that's my "doh!" moment......I really want to check that place out though. I'll call them and double check.

If that doesn't work, I've got another good pizza place in Puyallup, called Trackside Pizza. They are a bit pricey though: http://www.pizzatrackside.com/

There is a teriyaki place on River Road, just called Happy Teriyaki, but it is a good place to eat, great food and good prices. It just depends on what people want to eat.

just_a_car

imported post

So, I PM'd Aaron (Agent 47) and he's all for us putting the pressure on Everett PD with our lunch there, due to this thread. I'm thinking maybe go back to Original Roadhouse Grill since they treated us so well and everyone seemed to like it (January Lunch Meet). Plus, if you'd like, you can go across the street to Sam's Gun Shop & Range to shoot until 9pm (25 yard indoor range; pistols, shotgun, and low-caliber rifle only; members may shoot high-power rifles).

Admittedly, if someone knows a good spot closer to the library and is willing to do a physical recon to check out if they're able to handle 7-15 people (or more), then I'm open to suggestions.

joeroket

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
So, I PM'd Aaron (Agent 47) and he's all for us putting the pressure on Everett PD with our lunch there, due to this thread. I'm thinking maybe go back to Original Roadhouse Grill since they treated us so well and everyone seemed to like it (January Lunch Meet). Plus, if you'd like, you can go across the street to Sam's Gun Shop & Range to shoot until 9pm (25 yard indoor range; pistols, shotgun, and low-caliber rifle only; members may shoot high-power rifles).

Admittedly, if someone knows a good spot closer to the library and is willing to do a physical recon to check out if they're able to handle 7-15 people (or more), then I'm open to suggestions.
The Flying Pig would be able to handle that many people if the mexican place is not a good fit. It's on Colby between Wall and Hewitt.

Agent 47

imported post

I like the Idea of a downtown get together for lunch. Also if anyone could bring some printouts of the pertinent papers ie. laws, pamphlets, training bulletins and court cases, I have been lacking transportableversions of this information as I do not have a printer.

joeroket

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Alright folks, I'm going to call it:

Cabo San Lucas Mexican Restaurant
2811 COLBY AVE A
EVERETT, WA

1pm, Sunday May 18th, 2008.

...and we'll use The Flying Pig as a backup, as joerocket suggested.

This isn't the name of the place I was talking about. I drove by it last night but forgot the name. The address sounds right but I will double check tonight after work.

just_a_car

imported post

Okay joerocket. I'm just going by a search online for mexican restaurants on Colby near California and that's the only one I could find. Though, with the ever-changing landscape of downtown, it could be the same address under a different name. Please let me know if I need to change the name to match the current location and also please confirm the address if you're able.

As an afterthought, if I have time this afternoon, I'll do the same. I think I'll also stop into Original Roadhouse Grill and pick up an order of Southwest Eggrolls to go... man I love those things. And you know I'm gunna be OC'ing the whole time.
:monkey

badger

imported post

I plan on being there. Wife is due with our firstborn on May 15th so I may not make it. But count me in your total. PM me if you need a ride from Seattle, I have room for 4 passengers in my van.

-Badger

just_a_car

imported post

Okay, I drove up to downtown Everett this afternoon after class. I parked a block away on Colby and OC-walked North (one way only going North, by the way) up to where it should have been, but 2811 was a deli, so I kept walking and right on the SouthEast corner of Colby and California is the Mexican Grill at 2801.

Halfway back to my car, I saw Sound Pawn & Loan over on Wetmore Ave, through the alleyway, where I had my CETME transferred and decided to go check out what they had in with respect to firearms and bows. I had to wait at the crosswalk to cross mid-street across Wetmore and a transit bus waved me by; there's no way the bus driver could have missed my OC, as it was strong-side to him while I crossed. All they had at Sound P&L was a couple m44's @ $99+tax and a Russian SKS @ $350+tax, then a compound bow, which I wasn't interested in (I want a long-recurve).

So, I walked back over to Hewitt? and up the street to Colby, waited at the light to cross the street for a minute, then got into my car and drove to Original Roadhouse Grill to do some studying and have some Southwestern Eggrolls; nummy!

Overall a rather uneventful day.

Oh, and that place is only about 3-4 blocks from the 'cop shop', so I can see why they'd frequent it. Plus, it has seating inside for about 25-35 people, but they had some tables outside today that each sat 4. Smelled pretty good too! :)