• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May get together

joeroket

imported post

Excellent. I was hoping you would make it up to scope it out. I wasn't able to like I had thought. Fuuny you should mention Sound Loan and Pawn. I was in there a few days ago and he has a glock27 that is coming up from being pawned in about 2 weeks with two holsters and three magazines with the pierce grips for $450. It is in great shape and is well worth the money.

Top Gun

imported post

hey, jared here. so im brand new to the site as of today (yesterday technically i guess now that its about 2:15 a.m.) and this is my first post. Ive been reading posts and clicking links in different thread on this site for the first time since i got home from work at about 6:30 and haven't stopped. There is sooo much unbelievably fantastic information here I just cant get enough of it already! But this will be the last thing i do before i go to bed seeing as its gettin pretty late (or early haha). But back to my question. Well I've heard from only two of my (a little older) good CC friends about a group of people who meet sometimes, I can only venture to say ive found the people they were talking about. So Im wondering based on this thread if there has been a time and destination set in stone for your next meeting. I am dying to meet with and talk to some other people who share the same views. Only until very recently was I even aware of such a group of people, let alone in my very own city of many years of residence. So all in all im really glad to learn there is a lot of this happening directly around me (even with my complete lack of awareness of it :D) and i am really looking forward to some future get-togethers. THANKS and i cant wait to start meeting/talking with everyone on the site.

OH - p.s. for those who care. a little background on me. no pistol yet. just got my CPL about a week ago (after waiting almost 6 months because it apparently got lost in the mail, and finally went in to inquire about it-thats another story though). should be buying my first one pretty soon, though ive been protecting my home via alternate legal methods for quite a while now :). Really excited about educating myself on this topic and becoming much much more invloved as i learn. um....that about covers it for now i suppose...night!

just_a_car

imported post

Top Gun, good to have you aboard.

The location of the next lunch is cited on the second page of this thread: the El Paraiso Mexican Grill in Everett at 1pm on Sunday May 18th.

Don't worry about not having a carry arm, it's certainly not a requirement to attend. We're happy just to have you there to chat with, the more the merrier!

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Top Gun

I am new here also, and I have not met anyone myself for I am in Qatar now. But I know what you mean about spending long hours reading things on this site, and learning a lot about our rights. I stayed up 24hrs reading things the night I found this site. Haha So for what my words are worth it's good to have you. And there are lots of good people here as you already know.

Top Gun

imported post

ahh....i must have spaced. i was reading that these meetings are almost always on the 3rd sunday of every month, and unfortunately for me my job requires that i work those things they call weekends :cry: so as of right now, i guess ill have to try and see if i can get the day off. But if someone can confirm that these meetings ARE always on the 3rd sunday of the month, i could probaby work something out to have that day off so i can start attending. so i guess ill wait and see what happens and see what i hear from you guys as far as the dates go. thanks

just_a_car

imported post

Top Gun wrote:
ahh....i must have spaced. i was reading that these meetings are almost always on the 3rd sunday of every month, and unfortunately for me my job requires that i work those things they call weekends :cry: so as of right now, i guess ill have to try and see if i can get the day off. But if someone can confirm that these meetings ARE always on the 3rd sunday of the month, i could probaby work something out to have that day off so i can start attending. so i guess ill wait and see what happens and see what i hear from you guys as far as the dates go. thanks
We switched from Third Saturday to Third Sunday of every month quite a while back and have been on Third Sunday of the Month pretty consistently for our monthly get-togethers.

There's nothing stopping you, though, from contacting other folks here down in Tacoma and meeting up for coffee or lunch anytime sooner.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome Top Gun. Give folks a week's notice and you should be able to meet with 3 - 10 about anytime.
launch.png

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Top Gun,
Since your in Tacoma and if you get the day off there is a ride available to the next one. I'm hoping compmanio365 and ravensmiles13 will be riding with me if they can get away. -Bill

compmanio365

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Top Gun,
Since your in Tacoma and if you get the day off there is a ride available to the next one. I'm hoping compmanio365 and ravensmiles13 will be riding with me if they can get away. -Bill

I'll be there, and I'll drag Gimpy along if I have to break his other leg and drag him.......:lol:

Any guys in Tacoma (or hell, just down here in PC) want to get together for a burger or just to hang out anytime, I'm game for that........I know I don't get to the lunches as often as I'd like, especially now that gas is ridiculous.......

Top Gun

imported post

cool cool, ill have to scope out some potential places that would be good to grab some grub and OC to spread some knowledge. Really doubt ill be able to get away for the upcoming meeting this month, but ill definitely try to make it happen in the future. Any other time a weeks notice is no problem. Even just today ive been kinda bringing up the topic of OC'ing with random friends and others just to see what other people think/say/know about it. Its crazy how afraid people are. Knowing that Tacoma is #33 most dangerous city 2007 should be scaring more people into wanting to protect themselves....but anyway, ill stop before i get too into how ridiculous all that is. But hey....im off and runnin.....

p.s. Any way to get my hands on a bunch of OC pamphlets without having to print my own? Just wondering...try to save money where i can. If not ill be throwin down as much as needed for me to keep passin em out, but if there's a way to get em without havin to do that...well that would just be super.

Phssthpok

imported post

I've been holding off on commiting to this as my schedule has been amazingly unstable of late. However it appears that the close we get to the 18th. it's looking like I'll most likely to be able to attend. If I do make it up there from 'Da 'Couve, then I'd definately be interested in joing the carpool from Tacoma.

compmanio365

imported post

If anyone who is carpooling up from Tacoma wants to park at my place, I've got a pretty big driveway and nobody should have to worry about getting broken into while we are up north.

Only $5 for event parking......

(jk) :D

Roy Hobbs

imported post

I'm a new member here as well, and will attempt to make it to the May lunch. I can't pick up my CPL until the 19th, however, so I will not be carrying - too much of a pain to unload/reload/secure weapon in car.

This site is a fantastic resource - you all should be proud of your work here.

Monkey1911

imported post

Can someone in the know repost this with all of the meet info in one complete post, it's very confusing to have to wade through 3 pages in this thread to find the info. I really want to OC with my new black and ugly but Oh so fun to shoot Glock.

Thanks
Tim

P.S. I'll have 2-3 seats open for car pool, I am a CPL holder so non-CPLs can ride with me.