• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RCW vs. WAC

uncoolperson

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
uncoolperson wrote:
for all the fun things that get pointed out here, we really need to find a bored lawyer that'll work for ammuntion...
ROFL! So true.
250 rnds hydra shock to the lawyer that fights this (or at least writes a letter to WWU)

250 rnds if it hits trial

250 more if it succeeds

expvideo

imported post

deanf wrote:
The State preempts the field. State schools are the State. See where this is going . . . ?
No, state schools are run by the state, but they aren't the state government. I think the DOT example in this thread is a good example. The DOT can't create gun laws, even though they are the state, because the laws are preemted on the state level.

uncoolperson

imported post

expvideo wrote:
deanf wrote:
The State preempts the field. State schools are the State. See where this is going . . . ?
No, state schools are run by the state, but they aren't the state government. I think the DOT example in this thread is a good example. The DOT can't create gun laws, even though they are the state, because the laws are preemted on the state level.
and even if some judge saw that as not the case, the state can't (I believe) hand out the ability to make rules that it has said would be against state law otherwise. (If that makes sense... does in my head, but i suck at articulating stuff)

can't say "you can't do this", only to later say "well, you there... you can do this"

deanf

imported post

CWU is a public institution of higher education established under Title 28B RCW. Title 28B.07.030 establishes The Washington higher education facilities authority as a State agency and public body within the meaning of RCW 39.53.010. “(7) "Public body" means the state of Washington, its agencies, institutions, political subdivisions, and municipal and quasi-municipal corporations now or hereafter existing under the laws of the state of Washington.”

As a state agency, and under Title 34.05 RCW, CWU has the authority to make rules and regulations (WACs) that govern the school. This authority is delegated to them by the State Legislature. The legislature has given the Board of CWU limited legislative powers. When the Board is promulgating WACs, they are acting as the State Legislature.

Gene Beasley

imported post

Which is why we need to make sure that SB 6860 is reintroduced. This reminds me of that You Tube video of some anti talking about a BS piece of legislation that they finally got passed - after 13 years.