• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Laws in General and Gun laws in Particular

Which of the following best describes your personal views.

• Support more gun laws and restrictions.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Support all gun laws.

• Support good gun laws & changing bad ones.

• Support few gun laws & ignore the rest.

• I am my own gun law.

• Total voters

Sa45auto

imported post

I have noted as I have been reading this forum that there are different thoughts about the law and sometimes these feelings are translated to those who enforce the law.

These different trends of thought seem to have a baring on how we feel about different events that happen across this great land.

I decided that it might be fun to have a poll and see just where some of us think when it comes to laws, especially when it has an impact on guns.

I, for example, support good gun laws & changing bad ones.

Decoligny

imported post

I definitely support the good gun law...the 2nd Amendment, all other gun laws are bad gun laws, and need to be changed to read "rescinded due to 2nd Amendment violation".

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

All gun laws are a violation of the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment was meant to keep us equal with the military so that we can never be tyrannized.

I even support felons rights to own guns. By requiring background checks you are allowing the government who would convict you of a felony the ability to remove your right to keep the government in check.

imperialism2024

imported post

asforme wrote:
All gun laws are a violation of the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment was meant to keep us equal with the military so that we can never be tyrannized.

I even support felons rights to own guns. By requiring background checks you are allowing the government who would convict you of a felony the ability to remove your right to keep the government in check.
+1

As for violating gun laws, I'll pass comment...

Pointman

imported post

In my humble opinion, according to the Constitution, if you're not purposefully kept from endangering the public, such as when jailed, imprisoned, or in a psych ward, you have the right to carry any gun, any way (without endangering others). You also are responsible for your actions.

Sa45auto

imported post

Pointman wrote:
In my humble opinion, according to the Constitution, if you're not purposefully kept from endangering the public, such as when jailed, imprisoned, or in a psych ward, you have the right to carry any gun, any way. You also are responsible for your actions.

That would make the constitution, in general, and the 2nd ammendment in particular, a good gun law, wouldn't it?

Legba

imported post

Well, as a gun criminal, I can say that many of the laws are absurd. I'll update my Ohio thread about my sentencing fiasco later this week. Let's just say that the disposition of the case - at long last - satisfies my perverse need for irony.

-ljp