Thread: Decent Article in Charlotte Observer today

Post imported post

Check this out - it's about handguns in Charlotte.

http://www.charlotte.com/observer/story/599884.html

Make sure you scroll down and read the comments folks have left.

Post imported post

This is a obvious one, people should OC though, that would be nice to see alot of people carrying Openly, that would put fear into a criminals eyes. He or she would be like damn I could be shot for doing something stupid.

Post imported post

"Last year, nearly 10,000 people in Mecklenburg County applied for permits to buy or carry a gun in public -- a 10 percent increase over the previous year. With every application that is approved, a person can buy up to three guns, though some people change their minds once they have the permit."

???

"When people lack confidence in police, they take their self-defense into their own hands," he said.

Genius. Pure genius.

State Researcher

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    "Last year, nearly 10,000 people in Mecklenburg County applied for permits to buy or carry a gun in public -- a 10 percent increase over the previous year. With every application that is approved, a person can buy up to three guns, though some people change their minds once they have the permit."

???

"When people lack confidence in police, they take their self-defense into their own hands," he said.

Genius. Pure genius.
    Let's not forget the source of that quote: Alan Lizotte, a professor in the School of Criminal Justice at the University at Albany in New York.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:

???

Genius. Pure genius.
    On the first part I think he may be right. I saw a chart recently put out by the county or the state (I can't remember which), that showed bit over 10k applications REQUESTED last year, but that only about 4K were actually ISSUED. So this means either a LOT of people are being denied, or a LOT of people don't do go through with it once they're told they can actually buy a gun. I would think the later to be more accurate, though that's just my opinion.