• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Decent Article in Charlotte Observer today

burninsteeda04

imported post

This is a obvious one, people should OC though, that would be nice to see alot of people carrying Openly, that would put fear into a criminals eyes. He or she would be like damn I could be shot for doing something stupid.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

"Last year, nearly 10,000 people in Mecklenburg County applied for permits to buy or carry a gun in public -- a 10 percent increase over the previous year. With every application that is approved, a person can buy up to three guns, though some people change their minds once they have the permit."

???

"When people lack confidence in police, they take their self-defense into their own hands," he said.

Genius. Pure genius.:banghead:

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
"Last year, nearly 10,000 people in Mecklenburg County applied for permits to buy or carry a gun in public -- a 10 percent increase over the previous year. With every application that is approved, a person can buy up to three guns, though some people change their minds once they have the permit."

???

"When people lack confidence in police, they take their self-defense into their own hands," he said.

Let's not forget the source of that quote: Alan Lizotte, a professor in the School of Criminal Justice at the University at Albany in New York.

ShadowOfTheHat

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:

???

On the first part I think he may be right. I saw a chart recently put out by the county or the state (I can't remember which), that showed bit over 10k applications REQUESTED last year, but that only about 4K were actually ISSUED. So this means either a LOT of people are being denied, or a LOT of people don't do go through with it once they're told they can actually buy a gun. I would think the later to be more accurate, though that's just my opinion.