• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fate Of HB 89

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

officerjdc wrote:
OK, I see now what you're saying about sine die. I just checked the General Assembly's website again and the governor still has not acted on HB 89, so we have about two more weeks to worry about what he's going to do with this bill.
9 days and counting . . . :shock:

officerjdc

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
officerjdc wrote:
OK, I see now what you're saying about sine die. I just checked the General Assembly's website again and the governor still has not acted on HB 89, so we have about two more weeks to worry about what he's going to do with this bill.
9 days and counting . . . :shock:
Less than a week to go and stillno action. By this time next week we'll know whether the law will change on July 1! :uhoh:

officerjdc

imported post

I just checked again, and still no action on HB 89. We have three more days to get through, and then we'll know what if anything changes on July 1. I'm guardedly optimistic that Gov. Perdue will simply let the 40 days go by and allow HB 89 to become law without any action on his part. I'll be watching the General Assembly's website closely through Wednesday to see whether the governor does anything withour bill.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Stolen from another thread this morning:

latter_day_hippie said:
After asking him to pass a request to the Governor to sign HB89 into law, I gave my usual thanks for taking what must be one of a great many calls. Instead of the usual (surprised) "you're welcome," this gentleman's comment was, "Actually, I haven't gotten many."

Call.

(404)656-1776

Ask your friends and family to call.

If you have something more important to do today and tomorrow, I suppose you can always arrange for your friends and family to call after the deadline for a decision . . . :roll:

mark5019

imported post

spoke to the person on the phone she said he has till midnight TOMMOROW
to sign or veto

officerjdc

imported post

I just checked again and still no action. Tomorrow is the last day the governor has to act on it before it becomes law without his signature.

When I was driving home from work today I heard one of our local TV stations advertising on one of our local radio stations that they would be covering this issue in depth tonight. The tone of the ad was pretty alarmist, so I wouldn't be surprised if the story tonight had the same tone.

vwtopdog

imported post

My wife just saw this on Fox news. The governor had just sign this into law.

vwtopdog

imported post

Congratulation!!

Unfortunately, even we pretty much has the same law up here at PA, we just got harrass by the police last week during dinner in a restaurant for open carry. One man was cuffed but then released but one of his firearm got confiscated.

We are still very pissed about it.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

vwtopdog wrote:
Congratulation!!

Unfortunately, even we pretty much has the same law up here at PA, we just got harrass by the police last week during dinner in a restaurant for open carry. One man was cuffed but then released but one of his firearm got confiscated.

Don't be pissed. Hire a lawyer.

wsweeks2

imported post

vwtopdog wrote:
Congratulation!!

Didn't you know that it's your fault for choosing to OC?

:sarcasm off:

Lawyer up and make them pay.