• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November Surprise?

Tomahawk

imported post

The interesting thing about this is that the CP chose Baldwin over Alan Keyes, who was attempting to switch over from the Republican Party.

Over on lewrockwell.com they were happy; they bash on Keyes pretty hard because he is apparently a pro-war neo-con.

Not having paid any attention to Keyes since 2004, I don't know about all his positions, but his pro-2A speeches are firey wonders to be sure.

Flintlock

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
The interesting thing about this is that the CP chose Baldwin over Alan Keyes, who was attempting to switch over from the Republican Party.

Over on lewrockwell.com they were happy; they bash on Keyes pretty hard because he is apparently a pro-war neo-con.

Not having paid any attention to Keyes since 2004, I don't know about all his positions, but his pro-2A speeches are firey wonders to be sure.
I have a lot of respect for Dr. Keyes as I voted for him in the 2000 republican primary but evidentlyhe isn't aligned with theCP on issues such as Iraq, foreign aide, and the UN. I hope he joins the party though as it is in need of someone semi-recognizable that may be able tohelp in the exposure area. If Ron Paul, Patrick Buchanan, Bob Barr, and other prominent political gentleman with libertarian type views ventured on over, accepted the platform, and didn't "republicanize it", the party would be in a lot better shape and would grow exponentially. That in itselfmight start convincingthe republicans to find their roots again.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I also voted for Alan Keyes in 2000 and volunteer campaigned for him. Guess how pissed off I get when liberals tell me that I won't support or vote for Obamawheremymama just because he is black and I'm a racist. :cuss:

I'll have to spend some time learning more about the CP.