Thread: Open Carry Litter Pickup

Post imported post

The North East Shooters Association, following in the footsteps of the free staters in NH, recently held an open-carry litter pick up on a New Hampshire beach. I just thought I might humbly make the suggestion that other groups like OC.org could organize to do this as well?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Post imported post

The Open Carry group can adopt a highway in Virginia and have their name displayed on signs provided by VDOT.

You just have to clean your adopted section like twice a year.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
    The North East Shooters Association, following in the footsteps of the free staters in NH, recently held an open-carry litter pick up on a New Hampshire beach. I just thought I might humbly make the suggestion that other groups like OC.org could organize to do this as well?

Seems like a good idea to me.
    Go ahead and organize one. We all, that means YOU, are OCDO - it's not some organization that does things you can go along with.

I did try to post for volunteers for an event May 17th, and got two responses. Needless to say, I didn't volunteer us.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

well i did this today along hwy 4, sure i was just after old beer / soda cans,

but open carry while there....but then i was also in the woods for a time also along dirt rd's and there are bear in the area. to not carry in this area is crazy.

Post imported post

Yeah, it's pretty simple really. You have to take at least, like, two miles and then agree to clean it four times a year. Doesn't cost anything and they'll give you bags and whatever.

You just leave the bags on the road and call them to tell them to come pick them up.

Route 7 has some pretty good traffic (and it's usually going slow ). I'll see if there are any signs up already....

...while I'm driving slow .

Post imported post

I think this is a fantastic way to help the community and get some positive exposure at the same time.

In Utah you only have to clean 3 times a year. I think this is something we should talk about doing at our next dinner!