• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Litter Pickup

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

The North East Shooters Association, following in the footsteps of the free staters in NH, recently held an open-carry litter pick up on a New Hampshire beach. I just thought I might humbly make the suggestion that other groups like OC.org could organize to do this as well?

Seems like a good idea to me.

LEO 229

imported post

The Open Carry group can adopt a highway in Virginia and have their name displayed on signs provided by VDOT.

You just have to clean your adopted section like twice a year.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
The North East Shooters Association, following in the footsteps of the free staters in NH, recently held an open-carry litter pick up on a New Hampshire beach. I just thought I might humbly make the suggestion that other groups like OC.org could organize to do this as well?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Go ahead and organize one. We all, that means YOU, are OCDO - it's not some organization that does things you can go along with.

I did try to post for volunteers for an event May 17th, and got two responses. Needless to say, I didn't volunteer us.

packnrat

imported post

well i did this today along hwy 4, sure i was just after old beer / soda cans,

but open carry while there....but then i was also in the woods for a time also along dirt rd's and there are bear in the area. to not carry in this area is crazy.

Rey

imported post

Yeah, it's pretty simple really. You have to take at least, like, two miles and then agree to clean it four times a year. Doesn't cost anything and they'll give you bags and whatever.

You just leave the bags on the road and call them to tell them to come pick them up.

Route 7 has some pretty good traffic (and it's usually going slow :cuss:). I'll see if there are any signs up already....

...while I'm driving slow :cuss:.

ScottyT

imported post

I think this is a fantastic way to help the community and get some positive exposure at the same time.

In Utah you only have to clean 3 times a year. I think this is something we should talk about doing at our next dinner!