• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stimulus Checks

G27

imported post

So I was just told today that I should be getting my check by the end of the week via direct deposit. I had forgotten about this all together! Anyone got any ideas on what they're gonna buy with it? A Ruger LCP is going to be my way of blowing my check. That is as soon as Sportman's starts stocking them!

Izzle

imported post

deanf wrote:
I'm sending mine back to the red Chinese.
+1!!

This whole "rebate" check thing is the dumbest idea i have ever heard to stimulate the economy. This is just another program to help out the big businesses of America at the tax payer expense. Where is this money supposed to come from??? Probably just selling more bonds to the Chinese like you stated. Just remember there is no such thing as a free lunch............

ok im done ranting.....

just_a_car

imported post

As a student with no job (paying tuition with financial aid), the only money I made was on my bank account, so I didn't make enough to qualify for a stimulus check. :(

I'll have to just conserve what little ammo I do have.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Mine will pay about half of my tax liability for this year... At least I get 50% off on taxes! :celebrate

Although I may peel off $100 and buy a case of 7.62x54r

imported post

How refreshing to hear there are at least TWO smart Americans who have enough presence of mind to see through this farce.
I'm not even applying for one nor would I accept one. As Izzle so astutely observed, there is NO free lunch. But millions of Amerikans will take the bait.
God save (what's left of ) the republic.

Dave The Welder

imported post

If you take the actual check into Axel Raven Co. in Spokane and spend it there, they'll throw in an extra $20 off your purchase. It's got to be the actual check though.

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
If you take the actual check into Axel Raven Co. in Spokane and spend it there, they'll throw in an extra $20 off your purchase. It's got to be the actual check though.
This is absolutely true. And he has cases of Fiocchi .223 on sale for only $389.
That's cheaper than Walmart and it is way better ammo!!

Cue-Ball

imported post

While I'm fully aware of what a stupid idea these stimulus checks are, that's not going to stop me from spending the money anyway. :) I've been planning to buy a Magpul Masada (now Bushmaster ACR) since I first heard about it. The guy at the local gun shop said they're expecting to get them in the August/September time frame, so my "stimulus" check will be going into the bank until then. Between my wife and I we should just about cover the cost of one rifle. :cool:

joeroket

imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
While I'm fully aware of what a stupid idea these stimulus checks are, that's not going to stop me from spending the money anyway. :)
Amen to that one Cue-Ball. If thier dumb enough to give it and think it will help then I will humor them.

compmanio365

imported post

I am going to buy a case of 7.62x39, and then the rest is probably going to pay off debt......that is what the smart analysts are saying would be the best way to really help yourself AND stimulate the economy in any reasonable, long term way.....this business of "get out and spend spend SPEND!" is BS and will cause a temporary boost in the economy, sure, but then we will be right back to where we started; everyone will still be in debt, and everything is just as expensive as before, and now you really don't have the money for anything......and right before the summer vacation season, where historically a lot of business is had by many companies.

Tourism is going to take a big hit this year, between the economy AND the price of gas......nobody I know is planning a big trip this year........

G27

imported post

I didn't really plan on this becoming a debate whether or not the checks where a good idea or not. I even planned on putting a little disclaimer asking people not to grip about personal ideas on it. Thought some of you were better than that. If you are getting a check, I just wanted to know what my fellow shooters planned on spending it on. Nothing more.

But please keep giving me ideas on how to spend the rest. :)

Evil Ernie

imported post

I'm buyin a K98 or two, tires for the jeep, front axle repair for the jeep (goes clink, clink clink around corners and is not very stealthy..heh...), and some Tannerite.

LEO 229

imported post

Going to go right back to the government to pay for NFA tax stamps $200 a pop and I need four!!

John Hardin

imported post

Reloading supplies. Some credit cards. Maybe a .22 rifle or .308 bolt-action. Haven't thought much past that yet.

<rant>
"rebate" my shiny metal ass!
bender.jpg

It's an advance on your 2008 tax refund, unless you don't pay taxes, in which case it's just more wealth redistribution.
</rant>