• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stimulus Checks

LEO 229

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Going to go right back to the government to pay for NFA tax stamps $200 a pop and I need four!!
Nice!!! Wacha gettin?
Two guns you cannot open carry.. :lol:

Actually.. one you could if you remove the sear and turn it back into a pistol. ;)

But I am getting two more HK machine guns.

expvideo

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Going to go right back to the government to pay for NFA tax stamps $200 a pop and I need four!!
Nice!!! Wacha gettin?
Two guns you cannot open carry.. :lol:

Actually.. one you could if you remove the sear and turn it back into a pistol. ;)

But I am getting two more HK machine guns.

Will you be my friend?

I don't trust "gifts" from the government. Ask the Cherokee. Anyway, I'm poor so I'm going to spend it anyway. That doesn't mean that I don't think it's a bad idea.

What I'd like to spend it on:

-silenced Sig Mosquito
-silencer for my Sig P226
-a single action revolver
-a .357
-a couple cases of 7.62x39 and a case of 9mm
-new magpul/bushmaster rifle or an AR15
-another AK

But what I'll probably be spending it on:

-debt
-bills
-saving for a vacation
-some other responsible thing that won't upset my fiancee

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

What I'd like to spend it on:

-Suppressors for the .22s (rifle and pistol) and my .40 (pistol)
-1911 .45, preferably 2, polished, engraved :D
-Walther PPS (preferably in .40, if they ever come out)
-Ammo
-New TV
-Rock Band
-Holographic sight for the mossberg
-AK rifle?
-Shoulder holster for my SW99

What I'll probably spend it on:

-car payment
-car insurance
-phone bill

:?

Luckily I've lived life so far w/o accumulating any debt, other than my car. That's better than I can say for most people I know that are my age.

ScottyT

imported post

I found a couple great deals from private sellers, so I actually spent mine before I got it, which I figured would be the most "American" thing I could do! :p (note: I avoid debt like the plague, I "borrowed" this money from our checking account)

I got a Remington 870 Express (wood stock and fore, 28" barrel) for myself and

a KelTec P3AT for the wife. She is happy to finally have a carry gun!

I should even have a bit left over to buy a bunch of shells and a couple cases of clays!

Prophet

imported post

I play Ultimate Frisbee on a pretty good team and after I got my .45 last year a bunch of the guys have come with me to the range and fired and have really taken a liking to it. Plus when a few of them saw me roughed up by a cop for OC'ing it made them more resovlved to get a pistol and start carrying to defend their rights and lives. A .45 is too much gun for many of them so we've decided on getting a "team" gun. We were talking about the baretta 9mm springfield XD and the Walther p22. We decided on the P22. .22 ammo is so damn cheap that with the amount of shooting we plan on doing and the ergonomic way the gun just melts into your hand it was the winner.

Of course, my left leaning frisbee buddies still had the excuse of not having $300 to spend...that is no longer the case. So we're headin to the gun shop later this week and picking up a bunch.

Is it odd to ask for the gun shop for a discount if you're buying 10 of the same gun?

MetalChris

imported post

I'll be dropping the majority of mine on my car payment, then $200 each for me and the wife...I'll probably use my $200to buy ammo.

DreQo wrote:
Luckily I've lived life so far w/o accumulating any debt, other than my car. That's better than I can say for most people I know that are my age.
My too, up to this point at least. Come next Monday though I'll have a $160,000 debt. :)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Prophet wrote:
I play Ultimate Frisbee on a pretty good team and after I got my .45 last year a bunch of the guys have come with me to the range and fired and have really taken a liking to it. Plus when a few of them saw me roughed up by a cop for OC'ing it made them more resovlved to get a pistol and start carrying to defend their rights and lives. A .45 is too much gun for many of them so we've decided on getting a "team" gun. We were talking about the baretta 9mm springfield XD and the Walther p22. We decided on the P22. .22 ammo is so damn cheap that with the amount of shooting we plan on doing and the ergonomic way the gun just melts into your hand it was the winner.

Of course, my left leaning frisbee buddies still had the excuse of not having $300 to spend...that is no longer the case. So we're headin to the gun shop later this week and picking up a bunch.

Is it odd to ask for the gun shop for a discount if you're buying 10 of the same gun?
lol I think it'd be a good idea to ask for a group discount. The worst they can say is no, right? :D That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think it's funny that your frisbee buddies can't handle a .45though :p.

compmanio365

imported post

Prophet wrote:

A .45 too much gun? All I have to say is this:

45acp.jpg

JK :p

Legba

imported post

Prophet wrote:

You may get a discount, but you'll also likely end up on some ATF watch list. I'm not just saying that, there is a special"multiple sale of handguns" form that dealers have to execute when a given customer buys more than one handgun within a 5-business-day period. Multiple sales of the same make/model to the same person will definitely get flagged, as that is outside the realm of "legitimate" sporting or collector activity (they'll assume you're fitting out a gang or something).

As for my stimulus check, there are one or two mil-surp pieces I'd like to get, but I'm still in legal limbo, so that may have to wait.

-ljp

Prophet

imported post

HAHAHA...yeah I know...there are some guys who want a .40 and some who want a 9mm but when it comes down to majority consensus on what they can afford and what they need they figure the best bang for the buck is the .22

For me, its gonna be for shooting cans and having fun because the ammo is just so damn cheap compared to .45 ammo. When it comes to defending myself my .45 is still on my hip. Once my buddies get more comfortable with having and owning a pistol im sure they will be more confident and get a .40 or .45 next time.

Come on fellas, they're frisibee players...baby steps in the right direction. I'm just surprised at the amount of interest in ANY gun.

ScottyT

imported post

Legba wrote:
Prophet wrote:

You may get a discount, but you'll also likely end up on some ATF watch list. I'm not just saying that, there is a special"multiple sale of handguns" form that dealers have to execute when a given customer buys more than one handgun within a 5-business-day period. Multiple sales of the same make/model to the same person will definitely get flagged, as that is outside the realm of "legitimate" sporting or collector activity (they'll assume you're fitting out a gang or something).

As for my stimulus check, there are one or two mil-surp pieces I'd like to get, but I'm still in legal limbo, so that may have to wait.

-ljp
I would think you could get a discount AND avoid the eyes of the feds, just make sure everybody shows up and buys it on their own, right? Then it would be single sales for multiple people, but if you show up in a group, you still have a strong argument for a discount.

Prophet

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I would think you could get a discount AND avoid the eyes of the feds, just make sure everybody shows up and buys it on their own, right? Then it would be single sales for multiple people, but if you show up in a group, you still have a strong argument for a discount.
Yeah, that's what we were planning on doing.

imperialism2024

imported post

Hmm I'll either put it toward an El Camino, or toward the Barrett M82 I'm looking to get this summer.

I'll probably need to pick up 10 or so cases of 7.62x39 soon, though. You never know when those zombies are going to come...

Hell, I might use it to scratch my itch for an AK-74 and some 5.45x39 (See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/10164-2.html)

Decisions, decisions...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If the gun store doesn't offer you a discount for a group buy of 10 pistols shop around until you find one that will (and calling it a "group buy" will keep the confusion to a minimum as to what you are actually doing).

Considering I had to send the gov't about $4k out of the money market to pay for the privelege of getting screwed by the gov't all year in my businesses and paying tens of thousands of dollars in payroll tax, unemployment tax, sales tax, tax, tax, tax, $600.00 is pretty much insignificant at this point and doesn't begin to assuage the pain of the gov't screwing we small business owners get daily.

It is going back into the money market fund until I have to cut the next check to the gov't so they can redistribute it to someone else.