• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap Get together

Trigger Dr

imported post

This is a little early, but will give more time for planning.

I have a portable commercial grill, a n d if in June or July we could get together at Manchester State Park, I will bring the grill and my horse shoe set .

Just bring your own steak, burger or hot dogs and other things and I will provide the grill and cooking tools.

BUT I will need to know how many will be there in order to reserve an area.

What are the thgoughts?

Jim

carhas0

imported post

I don't know if I'll be in town for this, although I would love to go. Maybe we should consider a county park for the barbecue, given our recent achievements!

Dr. Fresh

imported post

CC27 wrote:
Is it ok to bring kids?

You'd let kids see your GUN??? :what:

Haha just kidding. I'll see if I can make it. I dunno, because I don't know what my work schedule will look like this summer.

Gene Beasley

imported post

Would love to. I will have weekends off, so at least one, possibly two. The wife is actually warming up to all this, now that she is responsible for making payroll deposits. Supportive boss, CC at work - I'm jealous.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

Give me some dates and I'll see what I can do. I might try to bring a CC-only friend and convert him. :celebrate

Trigger Dr

imported post

I'm thinking July 12 (Sat) or 13 (Sun). Kids are welcome and they can OC their cap guns. If we go on the 12th, Sunday will still be open for another lunch in Oly, Tacoma, Seattle, Auburn, Sheltonor where ever else one happens.

Looks like there could be a good turnout.

Jim

Trigger Dr

imported post

Dave,

I will not be in the store after tomorrow, until the 12th as I am also working for the Mariners when they are at home.

Jim

gsx1138

imported post

Count me in as well. I'll have two kids tagging along as well. Although, both are sick right now. If you can give it a week they should be fine. My wife works weekends so she won't be able to make it.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Ajetpilot

OK, in response to your responses (huh?) the date is SUNDAY July 20, 2008. I will secure an area suitable in size for the numbers that say they will be there..

As an added attraction, If you have any items that you would like to donate, We could have a silent auction with all monies going to print more Pamphlets. Just put your item on a table and there will mbe a sheet of paper that one can write their name and amount bid. High bid gets it.

Google KITSAP COUNTY PARKS and click on the first listing. check out the FACILITIES for the different parks mentioned and give me an idea of which you prefer. Pictures are on the listing.

Long Lake park Is a very nice park, but parking is somewhat limited. It has good facilities for family use. Swimming, fishing My pick as the best location.

South Kitsap regional park Also has limited parking, but has horseshoe pits (world class) that are used for national competition, skate park, trails, miniture steam railroad, and picnic area. Probably most centrally located for the Kitsap area

Horseshoe Lake park better parking, swimming, fishing, picnic area. Probably best location for those coming from Tacoma area.

NOW, if someone who is more computer literate than I could make a survey check list and attach it here I would greatly appreciate it.

Jim