Thread: M&P Compact owners....

Post imported post

Hello everybody. I've been lurking for a while now, but this is my first post. I'd like to get some suggestions for an OC/hiking holster for an M&P40c. I usually carry concealed in a MTAC, but with the nicer weather I'd like to be able to OC. My dilemma concerns finding an appropriate holster to do so. I like the look of Comp-Tac's paddle holster, but it does not have a thumb break/active retention....any advice is appreciated.

Cheers!
    -Colockum

Post imported post

Bit off topic, but how do you like the mtac? I'm looking for a cc holster for my m&p40c and there aren't a lot of choices just yet. I heard that you can find some glock holsters that fit our weapon, sometimes even better than it fits the glock, but I haven't had a chance to try them. I'm a skinny guy, so iwb holsters are tough to find that don't obviously print.

Post imported post

mhemu,

I really like the MTAC! It's wicked comfortable, and I hardly notice I'm wearing it. I ordered mine with the black standard clips, and they blend right it with my dark brown belt. With a black belt I imagine they would disappear. The MTAC holds the gun nice and tight to the body, and is fully adjustable for ride height and cant. I wear mine at 3:30-4:00 and I've never had any of my family be able to tell...even when they are looking for it.

So, do you have an OC holster for your compact yet? What kind do you have?

Cheers!

-Colockum

Post imported post

I just bought an MP9c this last week, and I plan to buy an IWB #3 from www.kramerleather.com next week.

I've got that same holster for my G27 and for my G23. It's the best IWB I've ever used.

Considering the profile of the G27/G26 is very similar to the MP compact it should work great but it will be a few weeks until I can attest firsthand.

Post imported post

Those Kramer holsters look nice! I was wondering though, what holster do you have(if any) for *open* carry/OWB. I'm trying to decide on a non-concealed holster.

Cheers!
    -Colockum

Post imported post

Safariland makes OC retention holsters of different levels for that pistol. I do not have a safariland holster or a M&P 9c but I did check out their site for you and Safariland does make a good retention holster.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I don't have an owb holster for it yet either. I've been hoping that blackhawk would release a serpa for it, but no such luck yet. I'll probably grab myself a safariland retention owb for ocing eventually. I don't plan to oc my m&p too much, I have a full sized USP for that. Though who knows, I love my M&P more and more every day that I might just switch.

Woodinville / Snohomish County, Washington, USA

Post imported post

I carry a full-size M&P9 in a Level-II SERPA holster that was originally made for the Glock's... Works extremely well, and shows only a little scraping from where the iron sights rub the inside ofthe holster. Been using it for over a year now, and wouldn't change the combo for anything.