• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M&P Compact owners....

Colockum

imported post

Hello everybody. I've been lurking for a while now, but this is my first post. I'd like to get some suggestions for an OC/hiking holster for an M&P40c. I usually carry concealed in a MTAC, but with the nicer weather I'd like to be able to OC. My dilemma concerns finding an appropriate holster to do so. I like the look of Comp-Tac's paddle holster, but it does not have a thumb break/active retention....any advice is appreciated.

Cheers!
-Colockum

mhemu

imported post

Bit off topic, but how do you like the mtac? I'm looking for a cc holster for my m&p40c and there aren't a lot of choices just yet. I heard that you can find some glock holsters that fit our weapon, sometimes even better than it fits the glock, but I haven't had a chance to try them. I'm a skinny guy, so iwb holsters are tough to find that don't obviously print.

Colockum

imported post

mhemu,

I really like the MTAC! It's wicked comfortable, and I hardly notice I'm wearing it. I ordered mine with the black standard clips, and they blend right it with my dark brown belt. With a black belt I imagine they would disappear. The MTAC holds the gun nice and tight to the body, and is fully adjustable for ride height and cant. I wear mine at 3:30-4:00 and I've never had any of my family be able to tell...even when they are looking for it:).

So, do you have an OC holster for your compact yet? What kind do you have?

Cheers!

-Colockum

elcapo

imported post

I just bought an MP9c this last week, and I plan to buy an IWB #3 from www.kramerleather.com next week.

I've got that same holster for my G27 and for my G23. It's the best IWB I've ever used.

Considering the profile of the G27/G26 is very similar to the MP compact it should work great but it will be a few weeks until I can attest firsthand.

Colockum

imported post

Those Kramer holsters look nice! I was wondering though, what holster do you have(if any) for *open* carry/OWB. I'm trying to decide on a non-concealed holster.

Cheers!
-Colockum

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Safariland makes OC retention holsters of different levels for that pistol. I do not have a safariland holster or a M&P 9c but I did check out their site for you and Safariland does make a good retention holster.

mhemu

imported post

I don't have an owb holster for it yet either. I've been hoping that blackhawk would release a serpa for it, but no such luck yet. I'll probably grab myself a safariland retention owb for ocing eventually. I don't plan to oc my m&p too much, I have a full sized USP for that. Though who knows, I love my M&P more and more every day that I might just switch.

WaldoTheMedic

Woodinville / Snohomish County, Washington, USA
imported post

I carry a full-size M&P9 in a Level-II SERPA holster that was originally made for the Glock's... Works extremely well, and shows only a little scraping from where the iron sights rub the inside ofthe holster. Been using it for over a year now, and wouldn't change the combo for anything.