Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: The California Looney Left strikes again

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Dutch Uncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,715

    Post imported post

    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._face_fur.html

    This is the kind of viciousness posing as "crime control" we could expect from Obama or Hillary: Fascism with a smile. "Its for the good of the community".

    The ammunition issue may be the next beachhead for the left. They have been losing big time on guns per se, but putting some "common sense" restrictions on ammo might be a lot easier for them to achieve. They'll just remind everyone that ammo isn't mentioned in the 2nd amendment.

    Reloading may become a very popular pasttime in CA.




    California gun owners face further harrassment
    Thomas Lifson
    Bookworm calls our attentionto a message from the NRA about an alarming bill being considered by California's left wing legislature, which is gerrymandered into permanent Democrat domination.




    Anti-gun hysteria has reached a fever pitch in the Golden State. The California Assembly is considering a bill (Assembly Bill 2062) this session that, if passed, will have dire consequences for California's law-abiding gun owners.

    AB2062 is scheduled to be heard on Wednesday, May 7 in the Assembly Appropriations Committee.Sponsored by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB2062 would require that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to buy handgun ammunition and would impose severe restrictions on the private transfers of handgun ammunition. Applicants for a "permit-to-purchase" would be required to submit to a background check, pay a $35 fee, and wait as long as 30 days to receive the permit.

    Under AB2062, it would be unlawful to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a "handgun ammunition vendor" in the Department of Justice's database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. Vendors would be required to contact the purchase permit database to verify the validity of a permit before completing a sale. All ammunition sales in the State of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

    California gun owners already face daunting obstacles. I tried to buy a new gun a few years ago and discovered that all the gun dealers near Berkeley had been driven out of business by onerous restrictions. And the firearms safety course I had previously taken was no longer considered valid. Now, if this bill passes, it will be difficult to visit the firing range more than once a month. And here I thought the Constitution protected the right to bear arms...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    The most insidious is California's microstamping requirement. Just like what they did with fuel economy for cars... California is too big of a market to ignore, and national businesses aren't going to produce two sets of every product, so they just adapt to the market with the strictest laws. California knows this.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    We can only hope that other manufacturers take Barrett's principled stance on microprinting and this law as well if passed.

    I would be ROFLMAO and then stand up and cheer if every firearm and ammunition manufacturer in this country refused to sell or service any firearm for CA LEOs and refused to sell them ammo. That is a private industry solution to a legislative problem.

    I have articles which claim that for the first time since statehood that CA in the next census will show a decrease in population. I can see why.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    We can only hope that other manufacturers take Barrett's principled stance on microprinting and this law as well if passed.

    I would be ROFLMAO and then stand up and cheer if every firearm and ammunition manufacturer in this country refused to sell or service any firearm for CA LEOs and refused to sell them ammo. That is a private industry solution to a legislative problem.

    I have articles which claim that for the first time since statehood that CA in the next census will show a decrease in population. I can see why.
    Well, I certainly hope the gun industry is more principled than the automotive industry, for sure.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    399

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    The most insidious is California's microstamping requirement. Just like what they did with fuel economy for cars... California is too big of a market to ignore, and national businesses aren't going to produce two sets of every product, so they just adapt to the market with the strictest laws. California knows this.
    This is a little OT, but I was looking for a lawn mower on walmart.com and they have 2 sets of each model they make - 1 for California and one for other states. Being a former Californian, born and raised, it seems to me they think they are another country!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    Yep, and some gun manufacturers also make2 versions of some so-called "assault" (or better say "scary looking to ignorant antie's") firearms - one for commie states likeCA/MA/NY with limited capacity magazines and one for the rest of the country. So it seems like they might do it for both markets, but seeing manufacturers like Barret warms up my heart. I bought a new gun last saturday and having "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA" stickers all over the box were making it more exciting. Maybe we should just give CA back to Mexico - it's already half Mexico anyway - and let liberals there "help the poor from third world countries" for real, without our tax revenue. See how long they last. And while we are at it, leave NY,NJ,MA,IL,DC etc. alone and recreate the CSA again. Just a wild dream, but sounds good...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    Chaingun81 wrote:
    Yep, and some gun manufacturers also make2 versions of some so-called "assault" (or better say "scary looking to ignorant antie's") firearms - one for commie states likeCA/MA/NY with limited capacity magazines and one for the rest of the country. So it seems like they might do it for both markets, but seeing manufacturers like Barret warms up my heart. I bought a new gun last saturday and having "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA" stickers all over the box were making it more exciting. Maybe we should just give CA back to Mexico - it's already half Mexico anyway - and let liberals there "help the poor from third world countries" for real, without our tax revenue. See how long they last. And while we are at it, leave NY,NJ,MA,IL,DC etc. alone and recreate the CSA again. Just a wild dream, but sounds good...
    You bet! Where do I sign up? I just had a fun time buying my Makarov with 12 round magazines and stickers on the box saying 'not legal in California'....which felt really good to me. I was born and raised in California, but glad to be living next door in Nevada!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    Hey, i hear you man! I am happy to be in VA - next door to DC and MD, but quite different too . Seems like West and South are only real America left - hope these places will keep up the good work and not get run over by damn libbies.

    P.S. What Makarov did you get - where is it made? I was born and raised in Russia, so am interested in guns from the old country, but can't find much around here...

  9. #9
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    The most insidious is California's microstamping requirement. Just like what they did with fuel economy for cars... California is too big of a market to ignore, and national businesses aren't going to produce two sets of every product, so they just adapt to the market with the strictest laws. California knows this.
    The microstamping law sucks, but it is nowhere nearly as bad as the ammo bill.

    The microstamping law just requires a different firing pin for new guns sold in California. I doubt that it would force manufacturers to "force" California compliant guns onto the rest of the country.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    344

    Post imported post

    Chaingun81 wrote:
    Hey, i hear you man! I am happy to be in VA - next door to DC and MD, but quite different too . Seems like West and South are only real America left - hope these places will keep up the good work and not get run over by damn libbies.

    P.S. What Makarov did you get - where is it made? I was born and raised in Russia, so am interested in guns from the old country, but can't find much around here...
    It's a CZ 82 from the Czech Republic. If you hunt around on the 'net you can find good deals on them. Mine came from AIM Surplus in Middletown, OH for $189. Great little gun for the price! Have you seen makarov.com? Supplies, parts and links for these great little guns.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    Actor Dennis Farina Arrested After Loaded Gun Was Found in Luggage
    Monday, May 12, 2008

    LOS ANGELES— Actor Dennis Farina was charged with a felony Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport after a loaded gun was found in his carry-on luggage. When the weapon was discovered at a security checkpoint, the 64-year-old actor said he had forgotten the .22-caliber handgun was in his luggage, police said. Farina was booked for investigation of carrying a concealed weapon, said Sgt. Dennis Beacham.

    Bail was set at $25,000 before police discovered the weapon was not registered. Charges were upgraded to a felony, and he is now being held in lieu of $35,000 bail.

    Farina's latest film, the Ashton Kutcher-Cameron Diaz comedy "What Happens in Vegas," opened Friday. Farina has starred in TV's "Law & Order" series and in such movies as "Snatch" and "Get Shorty." The actor is also a former Chicago police officer.

    Calls to Farina's lawyer and agent were not returned Sunday.

    Edit: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355016,00.html?sPage=fnc/national/crime

  12. #12
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    Pointman wrote:
    Actor Dennis Farina Arrested After Loaded Gun Was Found in Luggage
    Monday, May 12, 2008

    Bail was set at $25,000 before police discovered the weapon was not registered. Charges were upgraded to a felony, and he is now being held in lieu of $35,000 bail.

    Edit: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355016,00.html?sPage=fnc/national/crime
    How could it go this wrong in America? Amazing that juries actually convict for such nonsense.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    Pointman wrote:
    Actor Dennis Farina Arrested After Loaded Gun Was Found in Luggage
    Monday, May 12, 2008

    Bail was set at $25,000 before police discovered the weapon was not registered. Charges were upgraded to a felony, and he is now being held in lieu of $35,000 bail.

    Edit: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355016,00.html?sPage=fnc/national/crime
    How could it go this wrong in America? Amazing that juries actually convict for such nonsense.
    I was thinking the same thing.

    The bail issue especially got to me. Bail is insurance that one will show up in court... it's not a fine, though this court seems to think so.

  14. #14
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    Farina'sIMDB page (for those of you that might be interested. )

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    84

    Post imported post

    You need some form of a permit to buy handgun ammo in NJ, I don't know exactly, I luckly got out of that horrible state before I purchased by handgun. This is just getting ridiculous. With the microstamping, what is stopping anyone from just replacing the firing pin or even just sanding the print off?

    I also noticed with this law, you cannot pickup say a 100 pack of white box ammo for a friend or family member?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    62

    Post imported post

    Suscarletwahoo wrote:
    You need some form of a permit to buy handgun ammo in NJ, I don't know exactly, I luckly got out of that horrible state before I purchased by handgun. This is just getting ridiculous. With the microstamping, what is stopping anyone from just replacing the firing pin or even just sanding the print off?

    I also noticed with this law, you cannot pickup say a 100 pack of white box ammo for a friend or family member?
    Sure you can, you just have to do it on the last day of the month, give him/her fifty rounds that day and then fifty rounds the next.

    Anyway, I'm afraid that nothing much can be done about the People's Republic of California. Let's just hope that people get in their legislator's faces about this and/or the Governator vetoes it.

    That might be wishful thinking.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    Actor Dennis Farina Gets a Break
    May 30, 2008

    Los Angeles County prosecutors won't file felony charges against actor Dennis Farina for having a gun in his luggage at an airport earlier this month. Farina was arrested for investigation of carrying a concealed weapon. Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office, said Friday there wasn't enough evidence to charge Farina with a felony. Instead, the case was referred to the city attorney's office, which will decide whether to file misdemeanor charges that carry a lighter sentence.

    ----
    Don't try this at home, kids. YOU'RE not a professional actor.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    I'd certainly be looking into getting a "professional ammunition vendor" license if that went through, but then I know better than to live in Cali in the first place. Goofballs the lot.

    -ljp

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    240

    Post imported post

    Legba wrote:
    I'd certainly be looking into getting a "professional ammunition vendor" license if that went through, but then I know better than to live in Cali in the first place. Goofballs the lot.

    -ljp
    Hence the main reason I moved out of that state when I discovered Idaho.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    363

    Post imported post

    I live in Az.I WILL NOT GO TO KOMMIEPORNIA FOR ANY REASON, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE RELATIVES THERE. WHEN IS THE BIG ONE GONNA HIT? FLUSH THAT TOILET. YOU WANT MY FIREARMS, COME AND GET THEM, YOU WILL GET THEM ONE ROUND AT ATIME, OH AND BTW, I AM PROFICIENT WITH ALL OF THEM!!!! ONE ROUND, ONE LESS WHATEVER YOU ARE, SEE YA LATER, BYE BYE!!!!!!!!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    Actor Dennis Farina Gets Some Law and Order
    June 4, 2008
    Snipped from: http://www.twincities.com/celebrities/ci_9480638

    Dennis Farina has been charged with illegally having a gun in his luggage at Los Angeles International Airport.

    The city attorney's office on Wednesday charged the "Law & Order" actor with three misdemeanor counts involving possession of a concealed and loaded weapon. The charges carry a combined maximum sentence of 2 1/2 years in jail and $3,000 in fines.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    Is there anything written in these microstamping laws that prevents someone from replacing the firing pin?

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    The gun companies need to put a ban on PR Kalifornia sales. Once every other state allows OC, we can then march into california with our "assault weapons" (classified as such due to having magizines and sights) and end the marxist regime. To think the good Ronald Reagan governed it.

    They keep discouraging guns -- no wonder the crime rate is so high in LA and SF.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    Actor Dennis Farina Gets Owned
    July 18, 2008
    Snipped from: http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto..._DENNIS_FARINA


    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Dennis Farina may be able to carry a gun on-screen, but he won't be able to own one in California for several months.

    The actor's attorney pleaded no contest on Thursday to a misdemeanor charge of bringing a weapon into a secure area at Los Angeles International Airport. A court commissioner sentenced him to up to two years of probation and ordered him to pay $1,991 in fines, said Los Angeles City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan. While on probation, Farina cannot own or carry a gun, Mateljan said.

    A former policeman, Farina was arrested May 11 for having a .22 caliber semiautomatic handgun in his briefcase. He promptly apologized after his release, saying he forgot he had the gun in his baggage.

    Other charges of carrying a concealed weapon and carrying a loaded firearm were dismissed.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    EntertainerJerry Lewis Under Fire
    July 29, 2008
    Snipped from: http://www.myfoxnewisconsin.com/myfo...p;pageId=7.6.1


    LOS VEGAS (Not CA, but close) (AP) -- Las Vegas policeman Bill Cassell said 82-year-old Jerry Lewis was cited Friday for carrying an unloaded concealed weapon in his carry-on at the Las Vegas airport as he prepared to fly to Detroit from Las Vegas.

    Lewis' manager, Claudia Marghilano, says the handgun is a hollowed-out prop gun that Lewis sometimes twirls during his show. She tells The Associated Press that the gun couldn't fire. Marghilano says Lewis didn't know the gun was in the bag along with other props.

    Cassell says if the gun were merely a prop "it wouldn't be a weapon and we couldn't cite him for carrying a weapon."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •