• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops called on me at Boise Public Library!

Saint

imported post

Patriot... I think the officer that talked to you was differant than the second officer I talked to. I could be wrong though cause I was trying to pay attention to Orton at that point. I did find much ammusement though in the fact that you stood there the entire time. It was a fantastic thing :D

Saint

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Interesting encounter. I guess it's always nice to have phone access toa senator and good friends with recordersthat can help you. I do have a couple of questions though...

Did he actually ask you to leave? He said you couldn't carry in there which was incorrect on his part. Therefore, even if he asked you to leave because of that, it would be discrimination.

Secondly, when you were to go outside for an hour, did the officer give you back your gun? When exactly were you rearmed?
I was never asked to leave verbally. The man who approached me claimed he said that 'If I had the gun I was going to have to leave' but I was never told directly to leave the property.

The gun was placed into my backpack along with the two mags about 45 mins into the confrontation. The officer who was holding it said he wanted to make sure he gave it back to me in case he was called off to another assignment and I agreed to allow him to place it in my bag as opposed to back on my person. In retrospect I probably should have insisted on rearming myself, but at that point I was still technically under suspiscion of tresspassing. Plus I figured that with five cops standing there I was gonna be pretty safe anyway :D

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Saint wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
Interesting encounter. I guess it's always nice to have phone access toa senator and good friends with recordersthat can help you. I do have a couple of questions though...

Did he actually ask you to leave? He said you couldn't carry in there which was incorrect on his part. Therefore, even if he asked you to leave because of that, it would be discrimination.

Secondly, when you were to go outside for an hour, did the officer give you back your gun? When exactly were you rearmed?
I was never asked to leave verbally. The man who approached me claimed he said that 'If I had the gun I was going to have to leave' but I was never told directly to leave the property.

The gun was placed into my backpack along with the two mags about 45 mins into the confrontation. The officer who was holding it said he wanted to make sure he gave it back to me in case he was called off to another assignment and I agreed to allow him to place it in my bag as opposed to back on my person. In retrospect I probably should have insisted on rearming myself, but at that point I was still technically under suspiscion of tresspassing. Plus I figured that with five cops standing there I was gonna be pretty safe anyway :D

Safe from who ???

Oh yea, the Cops...right. I remember now. IF they got "trigger happy" it would take 8 out of 10 rounds to hit you. So yeah. your right. You are safe:lol:

TJ

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WOW. In fact, here's a twelve pack of WOWs. Please take one for yourself, each friend, the Senator, and several officers. The librarian will have to make do without.

Flintlock

imported post

Saint wrote:

See, that just raises another question then... If he never actually asked you to leave, how could you ever be under the suspicion of trespassing?

As they should know.. Trespassing in that situation would be refusing to leave when asked to do so.

At any rate, you did excellent and there are now more informed officers and citizens out in the country.

hitbackfirst

imported post

I just want to offer a quick thank you to Saint, Patriot, and Senator Mackenzie. It just goes to show that one person really can make a difference.

Keep up the good work,
HitBackFirst

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Patriot wrote:
I want to do something to say thanks to Sen. Mackenzie.... I'm thinking along the lines of sending flowers to his office, but there has to be a manly version of that......
Any ideas?:lol::lol::lol:
Flowers are attractive and smell nice, so perhaps ammo (attractive) or a bottle of Hoppe's No. 9 (like Chanel No. 9)?

Sa45auto

imported post

563 wrote:
why don't all organize and all show up there, sit down and read some poetry. :what:

On your suggestion I wrote the following;

Enjoy.

[align=center]The Library[/align]

[align=center]The Saint set out to learn one day;[/align]
[align=center]The library, would be his way.[/align]
[align=center]His plan was to improve his mind;[/align]
[align=center]And be prepared, for what he’d find.[/align]
[align=center]A fine young man, the Gem States son;[/align]
[align=center]Wore Serpa, for his carry gun.[/align]
[align=center]Out in the open, ‘tis his way;[/align]
[align=center]You threaten him and you will pay.[/align]

[align=center]No big surprise, was pack, for books;[/align]
[align=center]But gun on hip, got him some looks.[/align]
[align=center]Tom was a very stoic man;[/align]
[align=center]When he saw gun, he formed a plan.[/align]
[align=center]He first would quote, “The policy”;[/align]
[align=center]Then call Police, just wait and see.[/align]
[align=center]The best laid plans oft go awry;[/align]
[align=center]He could not win, though he did try.[/align]

[align=center]The Saint did know his stuff that day;[/align]
[align=center]And countered all that Tom did say.[/align]
[align=center]The cops were called, and tried their best;[/align]
[align=center]But their best efforts, failed the test.[/align]
[align=center]With Patriot, poised to lend a hand;[/align]
[align=center]The Saint made his, heroic stand.[/align]
[align=center]Then Senator Mackenzie, entered the fray;[/align]
[align=center]And truth and justice won that day.
[/align]
[align=center][/align]

Sorry about the formatting, I tried to fix it , but the program won't let me.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Great job!!!!

This is exactly the formula that serves to enhance the environment for OC!

Thank you sir!

imported post

Saint is quickly becoming the "OC Poster Boy" maybe a future in politics or the legal arena for you.

Saint

imported post

563 wrote:
Saint is quickly becoming the "OC Poster Boy" maybe a future in politics or the legal arena for you.
Lol. I am a political science major planning on going to law school after I receive my degree. My intention is to go into politics or into law after graduation :D

imported post

Saint wrote:
563 wrote:
Lol. I am a political science major planning on going to law school after I receive my degree. My intention is to go into politics or into law after graduation :D
Thus far, I think you got the right stuff to succeed. maybe in 20 yrs we'll see Saint going for the Presidency? Aim High!

Sa45auto

imported post

Saint wrote:
563 wrote:
My estimation is that you are right on target. ;)

Sa45auto

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Teaching the law to cops is one thing, but does the librarian now know how wrong he is/was?

I'm with you.....I hope that the Saint goes back into the Libraryas soon and possible to drive his point home.

He needs to strike while the iron is still hot.

Patriot

imported post

IdahoCorsair and I will OC there soon (separately). Probably today for me.

I think we need to create a phone directory we all keep in our phones of all the local OC guys, so when this stuff happens, we get as many people there to help as possible.

BTW, the librarian was visibly furious. He even went back into the library, got the books Saint was looking at, checked them out, and gave them to Saint, so that he would have no reason to re-enter the library.

Saint

imported post

I am returning this afternoon at about 1:45 if anyone else would like to join me. I'll be dressed in jeans, t shirt, serpa holster with Glock 19 and an extra mag on weak side. If you want my cell phone number in case anyone needs to get a hold of me, PM me and I will give it to you. :D