• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent Has a Message

imperialism2024

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Sounds as if he's a proponent of a police state.
It sounded that way at the beginning, but the rest of what he was saying seemed to put it into a citizens-defending-themselves context...

The gist of what he was saying, IMO, was: it's ridiculous that a law was necessary to allow LEOs to carry firearms throughout the country... always bring a gun to a gunfight... and whenever an unarmed citizen becomes a victim of a criminal, it can be traced back to the anti-gunners who do whatever they can do to keep citizens unarmed and defenseless.

It seemed to me that he implied citizens should be allowed to carry everywhere, so for LEOs, who are generally more trained than other citizens, it shouldn't even be a question.

imported post

The very idea of "law enforcement officers" carrying nationwide is EXACTLY what a police state is !!! Special authorities for the elite, screw the so-called sovereign citizen. Is it just me, or does anyone else consider that to be wrong?

Dahwg

imported post

The very idea of "law enforcement officers" carrying nationwide is EXACTLY what a police state is !!! Special authorities for the elite, screw the so-called sovereign citizen. Is it just me, or does anyone else consider that to be wrong?
That's only true if LEOs are the only ones allowed to carry in all states. Not only LEOs but all citizens should be carrying because all LEOs are after all, citizens. They are entitled to defend themselves when they are off duty just as we are.

imported post

Maybe my understanding of the facts is erroneous. A cop can carry nationwide, but a citizen has to jump through hoops to carry in SOME states, is outright prohibited in others? And that is ok with you? Is that what you're saying?

compmanio365

imported post

I think that's the exact opposite of what's being said. I think it's being said that what is now OK for LEO, to carry in any state, regardless of a state's desire for reciprocity, should be the same for any citizen wanting to do the same. So carry in any state for any citizen is the theme being brought up here, if I understand it correctly.

Tomahawk

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
That's only true if LEOs are the only ones allowed to carry in all states.
Since this is the case, it must be true, then.

Dahwg

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I think that's the exact opposite of what's being said. I think it's being said that what is now OK for LEO, to carry in any state, regardless of a state's desire for reciprocity, should be the same for any citizen wanting to do the same. So carry in any state for any citizen is the theme being brought up here, if I understand it correctly.
Exactly! If it's good enough for a LEO, it should be good enough for all of us. What exactly is the basis for exempting an individual off-duty, outside of his jurisdiction? So that he can protect himself? Why is his life more important than mine?

imperialism2024

imported post

Like I said/implied/etc before, given the context of the entire video clip, plus what Nugent has said in the past, it's fairly correct to say that he supports the government's respecting everyone's right to carry nationwide. His outrage, I think, is at anti-gunners won't even let their superheroes (LEOs) carry nationwide.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Maybe my understanding of the facts is erroneous. A cop can carry nationwide, but a citizen has to jump through hoops to carry in SOME states, is outright prohibited in others? And that is ok with you? Is that what you're saying?

I think what Ted was trying to say is that he jumped through a bunch of hoops, so he could carry nationwide. That he is a sworn LEO, but should not have to be. Can you imagine Ted Nugent trying to go to Chicago to play a concert, only to be told that he is welcome, but his Glock is not? This would be his reaction.:arrow: :X:cuss:

imperialism2024

imported post

On a slightly related note, I wonder if Ted influences the weapons/frisk policies at his concerts. I know last summer at the concert I went to at Penn's Peak, there was no security aside from ticket-checking. But I don't know what it's like at other facilities...